€777-€896 / week
Charm: Cosy and welcoming with views across the vines.
Enclosed grounds: Gated secure grounds for children to play in.
Tennis Court: Hard court, rackets and balls provided.
Fenced Pool: With diving board – fun for all.
You come in through a conservatory entrance with views out to the vines into the kitchen/lounge, and off this are two bedrooms and the bathroom.
Living Room: There is banquette seating round the dining table. The TV has French and British satellite channels, DVD player, and there is also free wifi internet
Kitchen: is equipped with electric oven, 4-ring cooker, microwave, coffee machine and fridge-freezer.
L’Amandier can sleep 4 people having 2 double bedrooms with a shared bathroom and offer privacy because they have the main living space between them.
Bedroom 1: This room has a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide double bed, and looks out on to the courtyard garden.
Bedroom 2: This room has a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide double bed, and looks out on to a vinyard.
Mas des Cedres is set in beautiful grounds at the foot of the Luberon hills, near the beautiful village of Menerbes. The Mas (provencal farmhouse) is split into four very different rentals Cerisier, Plantane, Murier, Amandier named for trees growing near each one.
Outside the Amandier there is a private terrace with table and chairs, parasol and barbecue. This space, and the rest of L’Amandier, is secluded from the two other gites on the property.
The grounds, pool and tennis court are shared with three other apartments but each one is separate, facing in different directions, and have their own private outside terrace with dining table and chairs.
Pool: The pool is 10 x 5m (33 x 16ft), with roman steps at the shallow end and a diving board at the deep end. Around the pool are very comfortable sunloungers and parasols, as well as the pool house and shower. For security the pool area is fenced and gated.
Tennis: The surface is hard, and has night lighting too. Rackets and balls are provided
Boules: Alongside the Tennis court is a ‘bouledrome’ with seating underneath a nearby shady pergola ideal to keep cool you and your drinks cool.
Play area: This has various swings and a slide.
Laundry room: This contains two washing machines, the tennis rackets and DVD collection. A washing line is available on the side of the property.
At a glance
2 Double beds
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Family fun: Comes from a good mix of distractions for children and the possibility of other children to play with from the other rentals. Also the automatic gates and surrounding hedges ensures they remain inside safely
- Exploring: Set within the Luberon “Golden Triangle” the property is ideally suited as a base to explore all the region has to offer.
- Relaxing: The Amandier and Mas des Cedres are set-up for as a haven of comfort and relaxtion.
- Pool and Tennis court: There are not just fun for little ones! The pool area is large with plenty of room for everyone to find a lounging with shade options in the pool house or from the shading cedar trees when if it gets too hot for sunbathing.
Things to note
- Shared grounds: Mas des Cedres has large grounds and plenty of places to find some solitude but the grounds and amenities are shared amongst the four rentals
- Country life: The property rests in the countryside below Menerbes village and will require a 20 minute walk to reach it on foot, so a car is recommended to get about to visit the area.
- Vines and Fields: The property is set amongst the vines and Fields and from time to time the farmers may be out tending them, privacy is maintained however due to the high hedges surrounding the grounds.
Mas des Cedres is on the plain below the hilltop village of Menerbes about 1km from the town.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/42 miles).