The house forms one wing of the owners’ house so it is semi-detached, forming part of a U round a lawned garden. The pool is shared with owners’ occasional use. The house has a homely modern design (as well as air-conditioned bedrooms and heated pool) within an ancient building dating back to the 1600s.
- Living Room: The cosy living room with dining table has a well-matched blend of modern and antique furniture. The TV has DVD and Canal Sat channels, including all French channels, CNN and BBC World.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is equipped with wall-mounted oven, 4-ring gas stove, microwave, American fridge-freezer with ice dispenser, Nespresso and filter coffee machine, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Guest WC: Downstairs guest WC.
All bedrooms are air-conditioned. The house sleeps 6 people in 3 upstairs bedrooms, with 2 bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms can be configured with choice of a double or two single beds.
- Bedroom 1: A double aspect room looking over the view, with either two single beds or a 1.8m/5.25ft-wide double bed.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.4m/4.6ft double bed, writing table and Luberon view to the south.
- Bathroom 1: Between bedrooms 1 and 2, with bath and hand-held shower, basin and a separate WC.
- Bedroom 3: Can be either with two single beds or a 1.8m/5.25ft-wide double bed. Its small en suite bathroom has a shower, basin and WC.
The house has two outdoor dining tables, both shaded, and a barbecue. The house’s own garden is planted with lawn and trees, and the pool is next to this garden. The property is part of an organic olive oil estate, with fruit orchards too, extending over 11 hectares (27 acres) of fertile Provence land. Your welcome pack includes the produce of this land – olive oil, jams and honey.
The pool is 11m x 5m (36 x 16ft), and is heated from 1 May to 15 October. The pool is shared with the owners, who may use it occasionally. Around the pool are sunloungers and parasols.
There is plenty of secure, gated parking, and the house is set well back from the road.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Setting: The house gives you a feel of life on an olive oil estate in Provence, surrounded by acres of olive groves and fruit orchards.
- Style: There’s a really good balance of the 17th century fabric of the house and the modern decor.
- A/C: It’s always nice to cool off the bedrooms in the evening on a hot summer’s day.
- Welcome pack: Because it’s not everywhere that you get olive oil, jam and honey that are all organic and produced at the house.
Things to note
- Start day: Rentals run from Sunday to Sunday, with one week minimum.
- Pool security: The pool has an alarm for security but care should be taken with young children.
Be the first to leave a review.
The house is in a peaceful country setting just under 1 mile from the village of Robion.
Robion is a Luberon village with two faces. As you drive through you see a high street with restaurants, bakeries, butchers, a mini-market and other stores, as well as tennis courts and a playground. This is the new Robion and is very practical and convenenient, though not somewhere you would stop to sightsee. But head in up one of the streets towards the Luberon mountain and there is another Robion, the old village. This follows the same lines as the typical Luberon village, with winding streets heading up to the church and square. Robion is not really a perched village, but it is worth discovering as a picturesque little village clinging to the foot of the mountain where the mountain is coming to its end.
- The nearest international airports to Robion are Marseille (61km/37 miles), Avignon (21km/13 miles), Nimes (97km/60 miles), Montpellier (121km/75 miles), Nice (231km/143 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Robion are Avignon TGV (32km/19 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (67km/41 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Sunday 5pm to the following Sunday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions