Commanding a position on its gentle hillside overlooking the countryside of the Luberon valley this grand house has been renovated with a gentle hand to be stylish but respectful of its past.
The house can house up to 16 people across 3 floors, air conditioned throughout for comfort and boasting a myriad of entertaining and relaxing areas for all guests to find their own place.
– Inside –
The lower floor of the house is primarily for entertaining with a comfortable living room, a large very well appointed kitchen, and a large dining area and a more intimate one for smaller groups. An open plan layout, and exposed beams with sympathetic interior decoration make you feel at home the moment you walk in.
- Living Room: The large floor to ceiling windows light this large but cosy sitting room that has two large sofas some chairs and a TV.
- Dining room: The dining area has a table that can seat 12-14 people with views out to the fountain courtyard and the from garden.
Intimate dining room: accessed from the kitchen and dining room, this area can be used as somewhere where children can eat away from the adults in the main dining room or for more intimate suppers seating 6-8 people round its circular table. There is also a comfortable reading nook.
- Kitchen: This large space is the heart of the house and has everything you need to create wonderful dining experiences with space for all to join in, or simply to leave it to a chef to come in and help out.
- Utility Room: There is a separate utility room with 2 washers and dryers.
- Guest w.c.: At the foot of the stairs.
- On the top floor is an entertainment heaven as the whole floor is given over to the pursuit of fun and relaxation. You will find a comfy TV area with 75 inch screen, 3 sofas, a table football game, a soft play area for little ones featuring a mini tepee, and a large table for playing games or crafts.
- Gym: This is an air conditioned room with a view out to the fields whilst you workout, it has a running machine, rower, and static bike. There is also a yoga area.
There are 8 bedrooms which can sleep up to 16 people, all bedrooms have separate air conditioning and each has its individual style and all but 2 have private bathrooms.
- On the Ground floor :
- Bedroom 1 : This room has a view of the courtyard and garden. It has a 180 cm king-sized double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower, double sinks and w.c.
- On the first floor:
- Bedroom 2: This is a large suite with views on two sides to the gardens and an access door to the garden. It has a 200cm super king-sized double bed, a seating area, fireplace, TV and ensuite bathroom with bath, shower, double sinks and w.c, also large amounts of storage space in a dressing room area.
- Bedroom 3 : With views on 2 sides with a 200cm super king-sized double bed and a sofa.
- Bedroom 4 : This room has a view of the fields and hills with a 180cm king-sized double bed.
- Rooms 3 and 4 share a bathroom with shower, double sinks and w.c.
- Bedroom 5 : Has a view to the garden, 180cm king-sized double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower, double sinks and w.c.
- Bedroom 6 : Here there is a 200 cm super king-sized double bed and views to 2 sides of the house and an ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and w.c.
- On the second floor :
- Bedroom 7 : Views to the fields, 180cm king-sized double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower, double sinks and w.c.
- Bedroom 8 : 200 cm super king-sized double bed and views to 2 sides of the house, a comfy seating area, and a bathroom with shower, sink and separate w.c.
You arrive at the house down a driveway lined by olive trees and pass under the archway into the inner courtyard of the Bastide, on the front side facing the valley is a shading pergola overlooking the kitchen garden and gym building. You will also find the table tennis area here.
There is a fountain courtyard to the side closest the archway and on the opposite side is another courtyard with a delightful summer kitchen with dining for 14, and cooking can be done on a large electric plancha.
To the rear of the house you mount steps to the large pool terrace, the pool is heated and measures 10m x 10m. There is a shaded terrace on two sides, one with sunloungers and the other with an outside lounge and dining table.
There is a kitchen building here so that meals and be prepared on the pool level where there is a fitted kitchen complete with fridge-freezer, hob and oven. There is a BBQ here too. Not to be missed is the wonderful 400 year old olive tree that grows next to the pool.
Your privacy is ensured on the extensive 9 hectares of grounds encompassing the house and much of the surrounding fields, some of which will be featuring sunflowers in 2023 and then becoming grape vines next year.
There is much to explore and enjoy at the house and although you are relaxing in this countryside setting the restaurants and cafes of nearby Saint Saturnin, Roussillon, and Gordes are all within a 5 – 15 minute drive.
At a glance
Bastide des Pradelles is set in the countryside about 3km from the village of Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt.
Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt is perched on the hillside on the northern side of the Luberon valley with views sweeping across is length. The village has a delightful old town and there are many restaurants, boulangerie, and Tabac.
Above the village winds the ancient ramparts of the ruined castle alongside which makes for a great walk up to see the 11th-century church, the castle ruins next to the dam, and the several windmills dotted around the landscape, the views are a fine reward for your efforts.
The town also has tennis courts, a pump track, and an outdoor swimming pool.
- The nearest international airports to Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt are Marseille (90km/55 miles), Nice (235km/146 miles), Nimes (101km/62 miles), Montpellier (165km/102 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (60km/37 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (72km/44 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions