Sitting near the village of Oppede and the picturesque villages of Oppede le Vieux and Oppede the Bastide de Oppede is a beautiful haven in the Provencal countryside.
In its peaceful location with views to the Luberon hills the house has been lovingly restored to retain its beauty but has been restored and modernised with an eye on quality and comfort.
Upon entering the enclosed courtyard with its gentle fountain and pool, you can choose to continue to explore the pool area and outside spaces or enter into the main house.
At the main entrance you come to the first entertaining space an area with a beautiful pool table beyond which is a ground floor bedroom. Turning to the left your eye is drawn up the staircase which takes you to the 4 other bedrooms on this wing of the building.
Continuing along the corridor you come to the TV room with its sumptuous relaxing chairs.
Next, you will come to the larger social space, an open plan living room with 2 large sofas and a chaise longe.
Behind the living room you can access you have a glassed conservatory, and on the other side is another ground floor bedroom.
Walking on from the living room you come to the dining room which has dining 12 and a view through the large windows to the inner courtyard.
The dining room links through on two sides to the kitchen which is a large very well equipped space with an extraordinary view across the garden and to the Luberon hills. The island has a large induction 6 place induction hob, there are also 2 ovens and a Thermomix. For food storage there are 2 refrigerators and a wine cooler. You can easily walk out to the dining terrace from here for al fresco dining.
2 guest w.c.’s can be found next to the stairs
There are 7 bedrooms which can sleep up to 16 people, all bedrooms have separate air conditioning and each has its own individual style and all have private bathrooms.
- Bedroom 1 : This room has a view of the courtyard and garden. It has a 180 cm king-sized double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower, double sinks and w.c. You can access the courtyard directly from the bedroom.
- Bedroom 2: This room has views to the gardens and an access door onto a large terrace overlooking the pool and the view to the Luberon hills. It has a 180cm king-sized double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower, double sinks and w.c, and large built in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3 : With views onto the side garden with a 180cm king-sized double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 4 : This room has a views on 2 sides to the garden and hills with a 180cm king-sized double bed and ensuite bathroom with bath, sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 5 : Has views to the garden and hills, 180cm king-sized double bed and ensuite bathroom with a view, includes a shower, deep urn sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 6 : Here there are 4 single beds (or doubles preferred) and an ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 7 : With views onto the side garden with a 180cm king-sized double bed, 2 comfortable chairs and an ensuite bathroom with shower, sink and w.c.
The large grounds ensure privacy and also room for all to find their place to relax or explore.
The house provides a beautiful focal point around which you have the welcoming stone laid courtyard with it fountain feature that leads to the pool.
The pool is heated and in an ‘S’ shape with a shallow ‘beach’ on one side, ideal for small children or sunbathing and cooling off at the same time. There are comfortable loungers and chairs around the pool with parasols for shade.
The gardens are completely private and not overlooked by neighbouring properties. Under the shading trees you will find a large dining area for 14 people.
Closer to the kitchen is a ‘calade’ or cobbled area that has a large awning shading 2 comfortable sofas and 2 chairs area overlooking the pool. There is a BBQ area here for some outdoor cooking.
Near to the kitchen back door is a travertine stone laid dining terrace with seating for 14 under a delightful expanding sunshade.
There is a large, sheltered summer room here too overlooking the terrace and gardens that has 2 sofas and 4 chairs, and provides a great place to relax out of the sun with a cave a vin, and for the energetic a ping pong table.
A large car park gives plenty of parking at the property but remains discreetly hidden from the house by the landscaping.
At a glance
The Bastide d’Oppede is in a calm setting on the edge of the village about 1 km from the centre
There are two Oppedes which are quite different in character: Oppede-le-vieux, perched halfway up the Luberon mountain, is the original medieval village dating back 1000 years or so, and is a fascinating time-locked glimpse into the past, with no hint of modernity allowed inside the walls. You can walk up to the church and castle ruins above the village for a spectacular view over the Luberon valley. There there are two restaurants and an excellent pottery shop
Down in the valley the new Oppede is where the population descended to in the last century, and this is a completely untouristy, authentic Provence village with two restaurants and a bar, bakery and tennis courts. Oppede is a calm and well-positioned base from which to explore the region’s highlights.
Menerbes is Oppede’s more famous neigbour, with a beautiful medieval town and far reaching views.
- The nearest international airports to Oppede are Marseille (60km/37 miles), Nice (166km/103 miles), Nimes (69km/42 miles), Montpellier (160km/99 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Oppede are Aix-en-Provence TGV (43km/26 miles) and Avignon TGV (27km/16 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €750 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.