The house makes the most of its wonderful view, set over three floors, and outside with terrace and garden facing west. The heart of the house is the kitchen and living room on the lower level, opening onto the terrace, above the pool and garden.
- Kitchen: A welcoming room with beamed ceiling, old tiled floor, open fireplace, big wooden dining table and door out to the terrace and garden. The kitchen has oven, 4-ring cooker, fridge and dishwasher. In the garage separately there are washing machine and dryer, as well as a second fridge/freezer.
- Living Room: Next to the kitchen, a vaulted stone room with L-shaped sofa and TV/DVD.
- Study: On the middle floor, the study has a writing desk and inspiring view. The house has WiFi internet.
- Work Space: On the 2nd floor with desk and US laptop PC supplied.
The house sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms, with 3 bathrooms. One bedroom is on the middle floor and two are on the top floor.
- Master Bedroom: On the top floor, with a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide double and a single, this gives the option of sleeping in one bed or two. The en suite bathroom has bath with handheld shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: On the top floor, twin room with two single beds and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: On the middle floor, with two single beds and en suite bathroom with handheld shower, basin and WC.
Bonnieux Vista is a village house blessed with both garden and pool, as well as that amazing view from the terrace and outdoor dining table. The garden faces west and contains the plants typical of Provence: lavender and vines, rosemary and thyme, and cypress trees.
The pool measures 7m x 4m (23ft x 13ft) and is fenced and gated for safety. The pool is open from June to September.
For outdoor eating there is the shaded table on the terrace above the garden, alongside the grill fireplace. And down at garden level another table under the pergola.
You can park freely on the street right outside the house.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- View: You can see it from every floor – bathrooms, study, kitchen, ouside terrace and dining table. Maybe the best time of day is when the sun sets straight ahead.
- Garden and pool: In the village, but just enough outside the centre to have a garden and pool and that makes all the difference in summer. A delightful space to enjoy the day in.
- Bonnieux: One of the best villages you can choose as a base, not just because it is beautiful, but it has a great choice of restaurants, from simple to Michelin-starred, as well as a great Friday market year-round. And it’s all a minute’s walk from the front door.
Things to note
- Pool: The pool is open June-August, and can be kept open beyond these months for a charge of 50 euros per week.
- Floors: Including the garden, there are four levels, so the house is not suited to anyone with mobility issues.
Bonnieux Vista is the village of Bonnieux, one minute’s walk from the restaurants, cafes and shops.
Bonnieux is as picture-perfect from afar as it is on the inside. Beautifully preserved and also alive all year thanks to its shops, cafes and especially its many restaurants. There is fine architecture to be seen in Bonnieux’s streets, dating back to the middle ages. And another reason to love Bonnieux – it has magnificent views, facing west there is a panorama that takes in half of the Luberon. The Friday morning market in Bonnieux is a must, it’s well stocked with stalls and very picturesque too.
- The nearest international airports to Bonnieux are Marseille (82km/48 miles), Nice (218km/128 miles), Nimes (100km/59 miles), Montpellier (142km/83 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Bonnieux are Aix-en-Provence TGV (57km/33 miles) and Avignon TGV (50km/29 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €400 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions