€945-€2030 / week
Large house: Perfect for 1 or 2 families/groups.
Enclosed grounds: Gated secure grounds for children to play in.
Tennis Court: Hard court, rackets and balls provided.
Fenced Pool: With diving board – fun for all.
Starting life as the original Mas des Cedres barn, Le Cerisier is a stunning renovation featuring an open-plan living space with double-height ceiling with a contemporary Provencal character. You will experience comfortable elegance in this relaxing retreat.
Living Room: Two sofas and an armchair help make a comfortable lounge area around a log burning stove, it has a flat screen TV with British satellite channels as well as French, and a DVD player.
Kitchen: The bespoke contemporary kitchen is equipped with oven, 4-ring ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, and coffee machine. A cloakroom and WC leads off from this area.
Mezzanine: An open mezzanine level overlooking the ground floor houses an alternative living space ideal for relaxing with a book on a comfortable armchair, but also can be an alternative sleeping area for 3 people.
Le Cerisier can comfortably sleep 4 – 7 people having 2 ground floor bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and a mezzanine level with 1 single and a double sofa bed.
Bedroom 1: This room has a large (1.5m/5ft-wide) double bed, and looks out on to the courtyard garden. The en-suite has a walk in shower a WC, wash-stand and bowl and electric towel dryer.
Bedroom 2: This room has twin single beds which can be configured as a (1.8m/6ft-wide) double This room looks out onto the terrace garden. The en-suite has a walk in shower a WC, wash-stand and bowl and electric towel dryer.
The Mezzanine: On this level there is a sofa-bed and single bed and has the possibility of sleeping 3 extra people.
Mas des Cedres is set in beautiful grounds at the foot of the Luberon hills, near the beautiful village of Menerbes. The Mas (provencal farmhouse) is split into four very different rentals Cerisier, Plantane, Murier, Amandier named for trees growing near each one.
Outside the Cerisier has its own terrace with garden furniture and barbecue, and is set amid tall shading trees and close to the pool and the lavender-edged lawn.
The grounds, pool and tennis court are shared with three other apartments but each one is separate, facing in different directions, and have their own private outside terrace with dining table and chairs.
Pool: The pool is 10 x 5m (33 x 16ft), with roman steps at the shallow end and a diving board at the deep end. Around the pool are very comfortable sunloungers and parasols, as well as the pool house and shower. For security the pool area is fenced and gated.
Tennis: The surface is hard, and has night lighting too. Rackets and balls are provided
Boules: Alongside the Tennis court is a ‘bouledrome’ with seating underneath a nearby shady pergola ideal to keep cool you and your drinks cool.
Play area: This has various swings and a slide.
Laundry room: This contains two washing machines, the tennis rackets and DVD collection. A washing line is available on the side of the property.
At a glance
Sleeps 7 [4 + 3]
1 Double beds
3 Single beds
1 Sofa bed
2 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Family fun: Comes from a good mix of distractions for children and the possibility of other children to play with from the other rentals. Also the automatic gates and surrounding hedges ensures they remain inside safely
- Exploring: Set within the Luberon “Golden Triangle” the property is ideally suited as a base to explore all the region has to offer.
- Relaxing: The Cerisier and Mas des Cedres are set-up for as a haven of comfort and relaxtion.
- Pool and Tennis court: There are not just fun for little ones! The pool area is large with plenty of room for everyone to find a lounging with shade options in the pool house or from the shading cedar trees when if it gets too hot for sunbathing.
Things to note
- Shared grounds: Mas des Cedres has large grounds and plenty of places to find some solitude but the grounds and amenities are shared amongst the four rentals
- Country life: The property rests in the countryside below Menerbes village and will require a 20 minute walk to reach it on foot, so a car is recommended to get about to visit the area.
- Vines and Fields: The property is set amongst the vines and fields and from time to time the farmers may be out tending them, privacy is maintained however due to the high hedges surrounding the grounds.
Mas des Cedres is on the plain below the hilltop village of Menerbes about 1km from the town.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/42 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, all house utilities, after stay clean, after stay pool clean and gardening.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are prohibited in this house.
- Full rental conditions