€940-€1167 / week
Eco: Hand-made from local trees, and low-emission.
Style: Beautifully designed to fit a lot into a little.
Decor: Very stylish and full of little surprises.
Jacuzzi: Outdoor jacuzzi for the summer.
Two beautifully designed wooden pods, one for day and one for night, with deck, jacuzzi and BBQ. The setting is actually close to the village of Mazan in the garden of the owner’s property, but being under pine trees and facing away from the main house gives a feeling of being private in nature. The cabins are hand-built, using the local cedarwood of the Mont Ventoux, which needs no treatment to resist weather.
- Day pod: This is open-plan with corner kitchen, dining table and sofa looking out to the deck, and TV with French channels. The kitchen has a 3-ring stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine, and fridge-freezer. There is WiFi internet throughout.
- Night pod: The second cabin sleeps 4 people with two separate bedrooms and a bathroom. One bedroom has a double bed and the other is an imaginatively designed children’s bunk room. The bathroom has shower, basin and WC, and there is also a washing machine in this pod.
The two pods are in the garden of the couple who designed and built them, but private amid pine trees and facing in the other direction. They open onto a deck terrace, with a jacuzzi for the summer period, and a BBQ. The deck has table and chairs and is built around a pine tree to blend into the natural surroundings. You are left entirely to yourself, but if you need help with anything the charming English-speaking owners are close by.
There is a separate access and parking place for one car.
At a glance
1 Double bed
2 Single beds
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Design: These pods are little marvels, they are designed and constructed by hand, using local cedar which has the benefit of being naturally resistant to rain and fungus. Highly insulated, they require very little heating in mid-winter and can stay cooler in summer. There are few rental properties where you might pick your destination based on the accommodation, but this is one of those.
- Setting: It may be at the bottom of someone’s garden but among the pines it has the feel of being more isolated. And at the top of the garden the owners are a delightful English-speaking couple who can help with anything from restaurant recommendations to turning on the washing machine.
- Location: 3km from the lively little village of Mazan, and perfectly positioned to explore the beautiful countryside at the foot of the Mont Ventoux, as well as take on the summit by bike.
Things to note
- Jacuzzi: The jacuzzi is available in July and August only.
The property is 3km from the village of Mazan, very close to the Mont Ventoux mountain.
When you look at Mazan from the air you see it is circular with defensive walls on the perimeter, evidence of its significance in medieval times. Today it’s a large and typical Provence village with year-round life – restaurants and bars, a place to get your baguette and groceries. All around Mazan is the beautiful countryside at the foot of the famous Mont Ventoux, with endless vineyards and olive groves, pine woods and rolling hills, perfect for a hike or ride, and lazy outings in the car. The large market town of Carpentras is 3 miles west of Mazan.
- The nearest international airports are Marseille (100km/62 miles), Nimes (89km/55 miles), Montpellier (125km/77 miles) and Nice (271/168 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail station is Avignon TGV (38km/23 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 3pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in July-August, 3 nights the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €450 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions