This property is made up of a main house with 4 bedrooms, and next to that are 6 more bedrooms, each with their own entrance. In the main house the living spaces are living room, dining room and kitchen, with an additional larger dining room. These open out to the south-facing terrace with wonderful views.
- Dining Room: A large room for inside dining if the weather is bad, and with fireplace for off-season rentals.
- Living Room: The living room has sofas around the fireplace and TV/Bluray/DVD with UK Freesat and French terrestrial channels. The house has WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is equipped with 5-ring gas stove, 2 ovens, dishwasher, American fridge-freezer with ice and water, wall-mounted coffee machine and microwave. There is a big work island in the middle for food preparation. From the kitchen you step out to the big, shaded dining table on the terrace.
- Laundry Room: The separate laundry room has washing machine tumble dryer.
- Guest WC: The guest WC is downstairs.
The house sleeps 20 in 10 bedrooms, with the possibility of 4 more children on 2 sofabeds, for a maximum of 24 people. All bedrooms have their own bathroom and 6 bedrooms have air conditioning. 4 bedrooms are upstairs in the main house, and the other 6 are alongside and each with its own separate access from the terrace or garden. Two of the bedrooms are large suites with sitting room and additional sofa-bed, so parents can sleep with up to 2 children in the same room. Bed configurations have some flexibility: in 4 of the bedrooms they can be configured either as doubles or 2 singles.
- Bedroom 1: This room has a double aspect with views over the Luberon and garden, and is air-conditioned. The bed is 1.8m/6ft-wide. The en suite bathroom has bath with overhead shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 2: Air-conditioned bedroom with a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed. Its en suite bathroom has a shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: Can be configured with either two single beds or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed. This room is air-conditioned. Its bathroom is across the landing and has bath with overhead shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 4: With a/c, this bedroom can be configured with either two single beds or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed. Its en suite bathroom has a bath with overhead shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5: Downstairs bedroom with separate entrance from its south-facing patio. The bed can be either 2 singles or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double. The room has TV and mini-fridge. The en suite bathroom has bath with overhead shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 6: Ground floor bedroom with with separate entrance from its south-facing patio. The bed can be either 2 singles or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double. The room has TV and mini-fridge. The en suite bathroom has walk-in shower, basin and separate WC.
- Bedroom 7: Ground floor bedroom accessed from the south-facing patio,with TV and mini-fridge. The bed can be either 2 singles or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double. Its en suite bathroom has walk-in shower, basin and separate WC.
- Bedroom 8: Also on the ground floor, and with either 2 singles or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double. The room has TV and mini-fridge. The en suite bathroom has walk-in shower, basin and separate WC.
- Bedroom 9: Large air-conditioned suite with sofa-bed for 2 children, TV, kitchenette, and a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed. This suite is upstairs and has a great Luberon view and its own loggia with table and chairs. The bathroom has bath, walk-in shower, basin and separate WC.
- Bedroom 10: The second air-conditioned suite is also upstairs with wonderful view and private patio with table and chairs. The room has a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed, sitting area with sofabed for 2 children, TV and en suite bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, basin and separate WC.
The house is in a wonderful position high up and facing south over a wide tapestry of Provence countryside to the Luberon mountain. The view is best appreciated from the raised terrace outside the living room and kitchen, where dining table and relaxation area are set. From here you also have a lovely view of the village of Gordes on its promontory to the west. Below this terrace are the garden with lawn and olive trees, and the pool area, also with view. The garden is 2500 square metres, or 27,000 square ft.
The pool is heated and measures 13m x 6m (42 x 20ft), with steps at one end. Instead of chlorine the pool has a UV filter system, which is great for the eyes and skin. For security the pool has an electronic sliding cover. There are sunloungers, sunchairs and parasols around the pool.
By the pool is the poolhouse with summer kitchen (fridge, dishwasher, poolside tableware), gas BBQ, WC and two outdoor showers.
For outdoor amusement there is a ping pong table, and a gravelled area for playing boules/petanque.
For anyone who wants their own space, most of the bedrooms also have their own little patio with table and chairs.
There is plenty of secure, gated parking at the back of the house.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: Peaceful setting but in 10 minutes you can walk to the famed Luberon village of Gordes with all its amenities.
- Views: That great view from high up near Gordes looking south over the Luberon, and also a bonus view of Gordes itself.
- Warm pool, cool rooms: The large pool is heated and most of the bedrooms have air conditioning.
- All en-suite: All 10 bedrooms have their own bathroom.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has a security cover but care should be taken with young children.
The house is in a peaceful country setting half a mile from the village of Gordes in the Luberon region of Provence.
Gordes is perhaps the most picturesque village in Provence, if not France. Honey-coloured houses spiral down from the medieval castle at the top, to form the perfect hill-top village. Views from the village are far and wide over the vineyards and orchards to the Luberon mountain.
Gordes has many restaurants and a lovely Tuesday morning market, as well as basic food stores. In summer it is lively with cultural events, in the off-season it is calmer and more relaxed. Just outside Gordes is ‘the’ lavender photo opportunity – Senanque Abbey.
- The nearest international airports to Gordes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (240km/149 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed stations to Gordes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (78km/26 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions