Domaine de St. Saturnin – A country house for 14
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.
The domaine is a stunning picture-perfect place to enjoy your relaxing Provencal stay, this is reflected in the two wonderful koi carp ponds connected by a meandering stream through the grounds. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with plenty of space for all to find their place.
The house is fully airconditioned (underfloor cooling/heating) with 5 bedrooms, and has views onto the garden, the pond with its cascade and the and the swimming pool.
The house has an expansive open plan aspect upon walking in you can enjoy those generous proportions with a salon to the left and the dining area and kitchen to the right all benefitting from large sliding windows looking out onto the magnificent garden.
- The cosy lounge has two large 4-person sofas, a flat screen TV, fireplace and access to the garden.
- The dining area has dining for up to 10 people and views out to the garden, pond and pool.
- The large kitchen is a chef’s dream with all that is required to make impressive meals as well as simple warmed up breakfast croissants.
- There is a utility room with a washing machine, clothes airers and drinks fridge.
- A separate w.c is next to the utility room.
The house has 5 Bedrooms and sleeps 10 with 1 bedroom on the ground floor and the other 4 on the 1st floor all bedrooms have ensuite bath/shower rooms and served by underfloor cooling/heating.
- Bedroom 1: On the ground floor this room has views out to the garden with access to a private terrace. There is a 180 cm double bed and dressing room and ensuite shower-room with a sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 2: With a view to the garden it has two single beds 90cm, or a 180cm double bed if preferred, and ensuite shower-room with a sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 3: Has a view across the countryside towards the village of St Saturnin, with a 160 cm double bed and ensuite shower-room with a sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 4: This is a corner bedroom that has both the countryside and a garden view with a 160cm double bed and ensuite shower-room with a sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 5: This is another corner bedroom that has both a pond and a garden view with a 160cm double bed, a workspace, and ensuite bathroom with bath, shower, sink and w.c.
The large grounds with their hectare of landscaped gardens have as their focal point the delightful big Koi pond with its cascade and from this, the garden extends with many different areas for relaxation and play.
Pool: Next to the house there is a beautiful 10 x 5 pool with a rolling cover for security that takes in the view across the garden. Here you will also find the summer kitchen with a weber BBQ Fridge freezer, dishwasher, and coffee machine.
Kids: The stream feeding the pond has a bridge crossing it to take you to a painted miniature wooden Romani wagon for kids to play in. There is an outdoor table tennis table and a wooden elephant sculpture to discover too.
Space: The large grounds ensure there is plenty of places to explore and relax and for everyone to enjoy what they wish to do.
Parking: There is ample shaded parking for 2-3 cars next to the house and there are electric gates at the entrance of the park.
The park consists of this house and a larger one about 70 m away, privacy is maintained as a large growth of vegetation screens the houses from each other, but they do share the driveway.
N.B. The pool has a rolling cover for the safety of children, however, the pond does not have a barrier. Children need to be supervised at all times.
At a glance
Maison Saint Saturnin is in the countryside about 2km from the village of Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt.
Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt is perched on the hillside on the northern side of the Luberon valley with views sweeping across is length. The village has a delightful old town and there are many restaurants, boulangerie, and Tabac.
Above the village winds the ancient ramparts of the ruined castle alongside which makes for a great walk up to see the 11th-century church, the castle ruins next to the dam, and the several windmills dotted around the landscape, the views are a fine reward for your efforts.
The town also has tennis courts, a pump track, and an outdoor swimming pool.
- The nearest international airports to Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt are Marseille (90km/55 miles), Nice (235km/146 miles), Nimes (101km/62 miles), Montpellier (165km/102 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (60km/37 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (72km/44 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.