€5830 / week
Views: Wonderful views of countryside and perched villages.
Bedrooms: 6 spacious bedrooms with a/c and en suite bathrooms.
Setting: Peaceful setting in lush greenery on a hillside.
Location: Close to the picture-perfect ochre village of Roussillon.
A Provence villa for 12 near Roussillon in the Luberon, which is perfect for summer: with air-conditioned berooms, and a spacious living room and kitchen opening to a terrrace with dominant view of the surrounding countryside, including the perched villages of St Saturnin, Caseneuve, Saignon, Gargas, the Luberon mountain and the Monts de Vaucluse. Three bedrooms are ground-floor and three are upstairs.
- Living Room: With sitting area and TV/DVD, the living room opens out through french doors to the south-facing terrace with fountain.
- Kitchen: A big kitchen with double oven, 5-ring stove, fridge-freezer with ice and water dispenser, coffee machine, dishwasher, microwave. The kitchen goes through to a covered terrrace with outside dining table.
- Dining room: Between kitchen and living room, with dining table for 12.
The house sleeps 12 people in 6 air-conditioned bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom. Five bedrooms are doubles and one can be a twin or a double. Three bedrooms are ground-floor.
- Bedroom 1: Ground floor room with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, opening to the front terrace and fountain. En suite bathroom with shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With south-facing view, can be either two single beds or a 1.8m/6ft-wide double. En suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: Dual aspect corner room with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, and en suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 4: With south-facing view, 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed. En suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5: Large ground-floor bedroom with its own access from the garden, with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 6: Big ground-floor bedroom by the pool with its own access, with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
The house is in 2 acres of land, facing south to the wide, panoramic view. The view is wonderful, with rolling hills, vineyards and perched villages, and in the background the Luberon mountain. The feeling here is of being enveloped in greenery as the house continues out to the terrace along the facade. Here there is a fountain and relaxation area, as well as shaded dining table. Below is the pool area and beyond that the garden with lawn and fruit trees.
The pool measures 12m x 6m (40 x 20ft) and has a pool house with a bar and summer kitchen with fridge and wine fridge, stove, microwave and washing machine. There is also a WC and shower. Around the pool are sunloungers.
To the side of the house is a barbecue corner and you can play boules on the gravelled area with the shade of a plane tree.
There is penty of secure, gated parking.
At a glance
5 Double beds
2 Single beds
5 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Ambience: Lovely house for the summer, with its oulook and terrace, large pool area with bar, and air-conditioned bedrooms.
- View: Fabulous view across the Provence countryside, encompassing the Monts de Vaucluse and Luberon mountain, as well as the villages of Gargas, St Saturnin, Bruoux, Saignon and Caseneuve.
- Location: In the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, close to the ochre village of Roussillon and the market town of Apt, with many walks all around and a good restaurant 10 minutes’ walk away.
Things to note
- Cats: Two cats live on the grounds and are fed by the cleaner, so the house is not suitable for those with cat allergy.
- Pool security: The pool has an alarm for security but care should be taken with young children.
- Breakfast: A daily breakfast order can be placed with a nearby bakery that delivers.
The house is in a peaceful setting 4km (2.5 miles) from the village of Roussillon and 8km (5 miles) from the town of Apt.
Roussillon is one of the most recognisable villages in France. It used to be known for its ochre quarry, now it is known for the spectacular palette of ochre shades that colour the houses – there are said to be 17 different hues from yellow to pink. Roussillon is not just a pretty face, as a popular village it has several restaurants, art boutiques and a quaint market on Thursday mornings, so it is a good village base too. Not to mention the other-worldly ochre quarry which you can visit on a circuit of the ochre walk (sentier des ocres).
- The nearest international airports to Roussillon are Marseille (81km/50 miles), Nice (228km/141 miles), Nimes (101km/62 miles), Montpellier (141km/87 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed railway stations to Roussillon are Avignon TGV (50km/31 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (88km/54 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, 4 x 2 hours of cleaning per week, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions