€2020-€3810 / week
Spacious: The house sleeps 6 in 4-5 bedrooms.
Peaceful: It’s very quiet, but still walkable to the restaurants of Menerbes.
Garden: Beautifully tended garden, with cypress and olive trees.
Decor: For those who love the Provence style.
Gergouven is a delightful rental home by the village of Menerbes, decorated in a very comfortable Provencal style. It sleeps 6 but in up to 5 bedrooms so there is a lot of space for everyone. The garden too is large and beautifully tended, and around the house are vineyards, orchards and woods. Note: minimum age of 6 years old for this house.
On the main floor are the kitchen, dining and living rooms, and 3 of the bedrooms. Upstairs is the master bedroom and beyond that on a lower level is bedroom 5.
- Living Room: With Provence beams and cosy decor, set around an open fire. There are satellite TV with CNN, terrestrial French channels, and high-speed WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: Equipped with oven, 4-ring stove, dishwasher, fridge-freezer. The kitchen opens onto the dining room with its lovely stone fireplace.
- Laundry Room: With washing machine and dryer.
The house sleeps 6 people over the age of 6. With young children in the party, bedroom 5 is not available as it has an unprotected staircase.
- Master Bedroom: This room is upstairs and has a 2m/6.5ft-wide bed. The en suite bathroom has bathtub, WC and basin.
- Bedroom 2: Two beds put together to make a 1.8m/6ft-wide double.
- Bedroom 3: Has a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed.
- Bedroom 4: A single room with 90cm/3ft-wide bed.
- Bathroom 2: For bedrooms 2, 3 and 4, bathroom 2 is shared and has shower, basin and toilet.
- Bedroom 5: This room is accessed either through the master bedroom or from its own door to the garden. It has a double bed and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and toilet. Because of its open staircase this room is not available with there are young children in the rental party.
The house is set in 7,000 sq.m. (1.7 acres) of immaculate garden, beyond which are orchards and vineyards.
At the front of the house is a courtyard and shaded patio for outside dining. To the back is the lawn, studded with 300-year-old olive trees.
The pool is on the lawn, with view of the vineyards below. The pool is 8 x 4m (26 x 13ft) and has a security alarm.
To the side of the pool are sunloungers and deckchairs.
The room nearest the pool is the laundry room, which also has shower and toilet.
At a glance
4 Double beds
1 Single bed
2 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Cosy: It’s a cosy house, with exposed beams and a snug feel, ideal for off-season too.
- Bedrooms: Many bedrooms, up to 5, for a maximum of 6 people.
- Garden: The garden is beautifully looked after and merges with the landscape.
- Location: The setting is very peaceful, but it’s only 1km walk to Menerbes.
Things to note
- Staircase: Bedroom 5 is not used if there are young children, because of an unprotected staircase.
- Pool safety: The pool is not fenced but has an alarm system. For small children extra care and supervision is advised.
- Minimum age: The minimum age for this house is 6 years old.
Gergouven is in quiet countryside, 1km (0.6 miles) from the wonderful village of Menerbes in the Luberon.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Minimum age: The minimum age limit is 6 years old.
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, weekly clean, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1200 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions