€2320-€4641 / week
Location: Ideal for touring, for wine and for Mont Ventoux.
Air conditioning: The house has a/c throughout.
Design: Warm tones and elegant Provencal styling.
Setting: Very peaceful setting in vineyard country of Beaumes-de-Venise.
La Beaume’s interior has appeared in design magazines, in particular its living room which is a large double-height space and built onto the rock that forms part of one wall. Also in this space are the kitchen and mezzanine level with TV den above. Off to the side of this main room are 4 bedrooms, 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs, sleeping 8 people (or up to 10 using the day beds on the mezzanine). The house is air-conditioned throughout.
- Living Room: Theatrical space with double-height ceiling, sofa and writing desk, and a fireplace. The living room opens out to the front terrace.
- Kitchen: With 3-ring induction stove, oven, large fridge-freezer with cold water dispenser, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, coffee filter machine and Nespresso.
- TV den: On the mezzanine above the kitchen, with 2 single day beds, work desk, TV/DVD with French channels.
The house has 4 air-conditioned bedrooms sleeping 8, with the possibility of 2 more children on the day beds on the mezzanine level. Two bedrooms and a bathroom are on the ground floor, and two bedrooms and a bathroom are upstairs.
- Bedroom 1: On the ground floor with two single canopy beds.
- Bedroom 2: Ground floor room opening out to front terrace with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed.
- Bathroom 1: The ground floor bathroom has shower, double basins and a separate WC.
- Bedroom 3: Upstairs room with 2 single beds.
- Bedroom 4: Upstairs room with 2 single beds.
- Bathroom 2: The upstairs bathroom has shower, double basins and a separate WC on the landing.
You step outside from the living room to the terrace in front of the house, with sitting area. Steps lead up to the rest of the garden which is on a raised level. Here the pool is fenced and gated for security and there is a shaded dining table with view of the Dentelles de Montmirail hills, and the vineyards of Beaumes-de-Venise. The pool measures 10m x 5m (32 x 16ft). Next to the pool are a lawned area and a plancha for outdoor cooking.
The house has parking for several cars.
At a glance
1 Double bed
6 Single beds
2 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Location: This is a particularly lovely part of Provence, amid a sea of vineyards, with great countryside all around for walking, biking or touring. The village of Beaumes-de-Venise, famous for its wine, is 2km away, the foot of the Mont Ventoux is 15km, and the Dentelles de Montmirail are right alongside.
- Design: A bold design to create a cosy home out of an 18th century barn, with the living area all in one double-height space, and modern additions like air conditioning.
- Pool area: The elevation of the pool area and garden mean there are wraparound views of local beauty spots.
Things to note
- Extra guests: It is possible to add extra guests in the neighbouring B&B which is also beautifully designed.
The house is in a peaceful country setting 2km from the village of Beaumes-de-Venise in the Dentelles de Montmirail region of Provence.
Beaumes-de-Venise is a picturesque village with plenty of restaurants and a Tuesday morning market year-round. Famous for its muscat wine but also the entry point to the wines of the Cotes du Rhone – Beaumes-de-Venise’s red wine is also very palatable. Look out too for the excellent local olive oil. Beaumes-de-Venise is part of the Dentelles de Montmirail range of hills, a beautiful part of Provence with superb hiking.
- The nearest international airports to Beaumes-de-Venise are Marseille (92km/57iles), Nice (270km/167 miles), Nimes (85km/52 miles), Montpellier (124km/77 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail station to Beaumes-de-Venise is Avignon TGV (37km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 1000 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions