€5035-€5595 / week
Location: Very peaceful and close to Lacoste and Bonnieux.
Views: Lovely views of Luberon mountain and valley over to Bonnieux.
Pool: Large and heated, with Luberon view.
Sports: With tennis court, table tennis and boulodrome.
A 4-bed/5-bath villa in quiet countryside between Lacoste and Bonnieux, with large heated pool, tennis court, boules/pétanque court, and splendid views of the Luberon mountain and valley.
- Living Room: A large and light room with seating around the fireplace and french doors out to the terrace./li>
- Dining Room: Open-plan with the living room and adjoiining the kitchen.
- Kitchen: With large oven, 5-ring stove, fridge-freezer, diswasher, microwave and coffee machine.
- TV Den: A comfortable room with TV/DVD, English freeview channels, movies and games.
- Games Room: With table tennis.
- Utility Room: In the basement, with washing machine and dryer, and second fridge and freezer.
The house sleeps up to 10 people, with 5 bedrooms, all with en suite shower rooms. Three of the bedrooms are on the ground floor. WCs are separate, with one upstairs and two downstairs.
- Bedroom 1: The master bedroom is on the ground floor, with a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and en suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, and basin.
- Bedroom 2: Upstairs, a dual aspect room with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and en suite shower room..
- Bedroom 3: Upstairs room with twin beds and en suite shower room.
- Bedroom 4: Ground floor twin bedroom with en suite shower room.
- Bedroom 5: On the ground floor, with twin beds and en suite shower room.
The house comes into its own in the 6 months of outdoor living one can enjoy in Provence. With a large heated pool and sunbathing area for lazy days, its terraced garden over 3 acres, tennis court, floodlit boulodrome and ping pong, as well as glorious views, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the property.
The heated pool measures 12m x 6m (40 x 20ft) and has a diving board. The pool has a security alarm. Around the pool are 10 sunloungers and the view is across to the Luberon mountain.
To the side of the house is the hardcourt tennis court and alongside is the boules/pétanque court, which is floodlit for night play.
For outdoor eating there is a choice of the dining table with view at the front of the house, under full shade, or the table on the upper terrace with magnificent view to Bonnieux and the shade of the oak trees. There is a large gas barbecue.
The house is in a very peaceful country setting, on a hill of oak trees, with a private drive and plenty of parking.
At a glance
2 Double beds
6 Single beds
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Outdoor fun: The house is really well equipped for summer, from total leisure round the heated pool to al fresco dining with great views, to the various sporting activities – tennis, boules and ping pong.
- Location: This is an ideal spot, quiet and peaceful in the ‘golden triangle’ of the Luberon, between the outstanding villages of Lacoste and Bonnieux.
- Views: With its raised position, there are wonderful views east to Bonnieux, west to Lacoste, and south to the Luberon mountain.
Things to note
- Pool: The pool has an alarm for security but extra care should be taken with young children.
The house is in quiet countryside 1.3 miles (2 km) from the village of Lacoste and 2 miles (3 km) from Bonnieux, in the ‘golden triangle’ of the Luberon.
Bonnieux is as picture-perfect from afar as it is on the inside. Beautifully preserved and also alive all year thanks to its shops, cafes and especially its many restaurants. There is fine architecture to be seen in Bonnieux’s streets, dating back to the middle ages. And another reason to love Bonnieux – it has magnificent views, facing west there is a panorama that takes in half of the Luberon. The Friday morning market in Bonnieux is a must, it’s well stocked with stalls and very picturesque too.
- The nearest international airports to Bonnieux are Marseille (82km/48 miles), Nice (218km/128 miles), Nimes (100km/59 miles), Montpellier (142km/83 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Bonnieux are Aix-en-Provence TGV (57km/33 miles) and Avignon TGV (50km/29 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions