On a quiet country lane the Fontaine Basse sits just below the enchanting historical village of Viens within 5 minute walking distance. The house has been designed with modern open plan living at its heart, paying homage to the magnificent view of the Provence countryside from almost all rooms and even the ‘infinity’ pool you are taken in my it’s beauty.
The living areas and bedrooms are all on the ground floor. There is a multifunctional mezzanine overlooking the open plan living/dining areas and kitchen. This space then leads out onto a large terrace, heated swimming pool and gardens.
- Living room: With a high beamed ceiling it feels very airy yet cosy with its comfortable sofa and low lighting.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is a chef’s kitchen, very well equipped and featuring a top of the range induction hob in the island, a wall-mounted oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, espresso machine, kettle and toaster, and a pantry/back kitchen with an extra fridge freezer.
- Dining area: The dining area has a large table capable of seating 14 people, under the full height beamed ceiling the area has an eye catching focal light feature and views out onto the terrace and countryside.
- Mezzanine: A delightful, welcoming, multifunctional area ideal for kids and adults too. There is a T.V. corner with comfortable sofas, a desk, a cosy pouffe sitting area and seating overlooking the floor below.
- Utility room: A separate room in the corridor off the kitchen houses a washing machine, dryer, cleaning products and hoover etc.
- WC: A useful additional W.C off the open lounge area, near the Master bedroom door.
The house sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms, with 2 bathrooms 2 w.c.’s. As with the rest if the house the bedrooms benefit from is underfloor cooling/heating. All the bedrooms are on the ground floor.
- Master Bedroom: The master bedroom accessed to the left of the open plan area comprises a large dressing room, bedroom and en-suite bathroom. The bed is 1.6m/5’3″ wide, there are French windows that open onto the garden and a breakfast area. The en-suite bathroom has a walk-in shower, basin towel dryer. For a w.c. this bedroom uses the one in the open plan area (just outside the bedroom door).
- Bedrooms along the corridor to the right of open plan area:
- These 3 bedrooms share a large bathroom and separate w.c.
- Bedroom 2: This room has a 1.6m/5’3″ wide bed (or 2 x 80cm single if preferred), a wardrobe and there are French windows that open onto the terrace.
- Bedroom 3: This room has a set of bunk beds and a single bed, chest of drawers and there are French windows that open onto the terrace.
- Bedroom 4: This room is the only one not opening on to the view side of the house, there are two single beds and a chest of drawers.
- Bathroom: With a walk-in shower, a bath, and double basin.
- W.C. Separate from bathroom.
The house is oriented to the south and takes maximum benefit from the stunning view.
There is a garden on the house level with a 6 person table under a shady tree. On this level is also the terrace and infinity pool level. On the terrace, there is a large dining table shaded by a pergola and sun loungers. To the side of the pool shaded by a giant parasol is an outside lounge area
The lower garden is an open field ideal for ball games for children.
The house is approached along a quiet road and has a parking area for at least 4 cars.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Views: The far-reaching views are truly breath-taking.
- Heated Pool: An extended season for swimming and great for young children.
- Open plan: A Modern relaxed design where all the family can enjoy time together.
- Location: In 5 minutes you can walk to get a baguette, a coffee, and to explore the entrancing village of Viens.
Things to note
- Air Conditioning: The house uses underfloor cooling.
- Pool: The pool has a rolling cover for security but is not gated so extra care should be taken with young children.
Be the first to leave a review.
La Fontaine Basse is about half a km below the centre of the village of Viens.
Viens, a true Medieval gem, perched on top of its natural fortress the village also shows off its manmade fortifications too, to the backdrop of stunning views across the Vaucluse and Luberon hills. Losing yourself amongst its medieval streets is a great way to pass time marveling at the preservation of the 13th-century houses, it’s imposing Chateau and Tour de l’Horloge are amongst some of the attractions.
- The nearest international airports to Viens are Marseille (56.76 mi (91.35 km)), Nice (148.56 mi (239.08 km)), Nimes (74.40 mi (119.73 km)), Montpellier (105.28 mi (169.43 km)).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Viens are Aix-en-Provence TGV (38.46 mi (61.90 km)) and Avignon TGV (47.06 mi (75.74 km)).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions