This large Provencal stone bastide is full of character and has a lot to offer the lucky visitor.
At the foothills of the Luberon mountain range a stone’s throw from Menerbes, you have easy access into the village and its well recommended eateries and boutiques. A 15-minute walk would take you straight into the village. The grounds offer views across the Luberon valley towards the Vaucluse hills.
The traditional feel of the house and its decoration set you up for a stay of pure relaxation.
You will feel at home immediately as you enter the cool of this Provencal house. From the entrance the large kitchen is located to the left, with an informal dining area. Straight ahead are the steps to the upper levels. On the right of the entrance hall, you have access to the vaulted formal dining room the lounge and a study.
- Living Room: A big room extending across the full length of the house, with TV and fireplace at one end, and a separate sitting area by the French doors to the garden at the other end. TV has UK channels and the house has WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is perfect for keen cooks, equipped with everything you will need to whip up a lovely dinner. The double oven and microwave available and a hob on the island, and a large fridge/freezer are amongst some of the equipment available. The island can double up as a preparation area as well as plenty of room to work along the worktop along the back wall.
- Utility room: There is access here to a good-sized utility room houses washer and dryer and sink.
- Dining room: A vaulted dining room off the entrance hall with dining for 10
- Living room: On from the dining room there is a comfortable sitting room with open fireplace.
- Office/Snug: Off from the dining area is also a office/snug with another sofa, bar area and workspace with desk.
- Guest WC: Dowstairs off the entrance hall.
The house sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms, with 5 bathrooms. Four can be double/twin rooms. 1 bedroom is on the ground floor. Three bedrooms, on the top floor, are air-conditioned. A baby cot is available.
- Bedroom 1: Is full of character with original farmhouse features still in place. This spacious bedroom benefits from air conditioning and a large bathroom with tub, shower and double sink and WC. With a King bed (or two single beds).
- Bathroom 1: En suite to bedroom 1, with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With a King size bed and en-suite bathroom with access onto a balcony overlooking the garden.
- Bathroom 2: En suite to bedroom 2, spacious shower, marble sink and WC.
- Bedroom 3: On the top floor and air-conditioned, with a Queen size double/twin beds.
- Bathroom 3: Ensuite to bedroom 3, shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 4: On the top floor and air-conditioned, with a Queen size double/twin beds.<
- Bathroom 4: Ensuite to bedroom 4, shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5: Accessed from the kitchen with a King bed (or two single beds) with access on to the garden terrace
- Bathroom 5: Ensuite to bedroom 5, shower, basin and WC.
The grounds spread out over 2 acres of land, incorporating a beautifully manicured garden and fountain, a large heated pool (12 x 6) with shutter cover for security, a new pool shower is discreetly placed off to the side of the pool. The house has wonderful views of the Luberon valley and hillside villages of Gordes and Cabrieres. You can also indulge in a game of boules or tennis or wander through the olive grove and lavender.
For outdoor eating the 2 tables seating 10 benefit from the shade of a large mulberry tree. They have direct access to the kitchen via French doors.
Secure and shaded parking behind electric gates is a bonus.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: Close to Menerbes, one of the most beautiful villages in Provence, in a quiet country setting whilst being within walking distance of Menerbes.
- Outside entertainment: Plenty of options for everyone – olive grove, several terraces and sitting areas to enjoy, comfy outdoor seating, lovely heated pool, tennis, boules.
- Space: The house is spacious, over three floors, and the garden has 2 acres with stunning views across the Luberon valley.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has an alarm for security but care should be taken with young children.
Be the first to leave a review.
The house is in a quiet country setting 1km from the village of Menerbes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 2000 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions