A 4-bedroom Gordes villa with 4 en suite bedrooms all with a/c. The house faces south with a magnificent high view over the Luberon valley.
- Living Room: The living room has sofas around the fireplace and TV/Bluray/DVD with UK Freesat and French terrestrial channels. The house has WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is equipped with 5-ring gas stove, 2 ovens, dishwasher, American fridge-freezer with ice and water, wall-mounted coffee machine and microwave. There is a big work island in the middle for food preparation. From the kitchen you step out to the outside dining table on the terrace.
- Dining room: Between kitchen and living room is the dining table, which opens out to the terrace.
- Guest WC: The guest WC is downstairs.
The house sleeps 8 in 4 air-conditioned bedrooms. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. Bed configurations offer flexibility: 2 bedrooms are doubles and the other two can either be a double or two singles.
- Bedroom 1: This room has a double aspect with views over the Luberon and garden, and a 1.8m/6ft-wide bed. The en suite bathroom has bath with overhead shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: Can be configured with either two single beds or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed. The bathroom is across the landing and has bath with overhead shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 4: This bedroom can be configured with either two single beds or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed. Its en suite bathroom has a bath with overhead shower, basin and WC.
The house is in a great position high up and looking out over the countryside of Provence across to the Luberon mountain. The view is best enjoyed from the raised terrace along the front of the house, with the outdoor dining table and relaxation area. From here there is also a lovely view of the village of Gordes to the west. Below this terrace are the garden with lawn and olive trees, and the pool area, also with view. The garden is 2500 square metres, or 27,000 square ft.
The pool is heated and measures 13m x 6m (42 x 20ft), with steps at one end. The pool does not use chlorine, it has a UV filter system, which is great for the eyes and skin. For security the pool has an electronic sliding cover. There are sunloungers, sunchairs and parasols around the pool.
By the pool is the poolhouse with summer kitchen (fridge, dishwasher, poolside tableware), gas BBQ, WC and two outdoor showers.
For outdoor amusement there is a ping pong table, and a gravelled area for playing boules/petanque.
There is plenty of secure, gated parking at the back of the house.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: Peaceful setting but in 10 minutes you can walk to the famed Luberon village of Gordes with all its amenities.
- Views: That great view from high up near Gordes looking south over the Luberon, and also a bonus view of Gordes itself.
- Warm pool, cool rooms: The large pool is heated and the bedrooms have air conditioning.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has a security cover but care should be taken with young children.
The house is in a peaceful country setting half a mile from the village of Gordes in the Luberon region of Provence.
Gordes is perhaps the most picturesque village in Provence, if not France. Honey-coloured houses spiral down from the medieval castle at the top, to form the perfect hill-top village. Views from the village are far and wide over the vineyards and orchards to the Luberon mountain.
Gordes has many restaurants and a lovely Tuesday morning market, as well as basic food stores. In summer it is lively with cultural events, in the off-season it is calmer and more relaxed. Just outside Gordes is ‘the’ lavender photo opportunity – Senanque Abbey.
- The nearest international airports to Gordes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (240km/149 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed stations to Gordes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (78km/26 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions