A villa with the attributes of a country setting, but in the centre of the wonderful city of Aix-en-Provence. The design is contemporary and fun, with a big, open-plan, air-conditioned living space on the first floor, bedrooms above and below it, as well as the two outside areas: pool on one side, and barbecue terrace and boules court on the other.
- Living Room: Sofa and armchairs set around a big TV with cable channels. The house has WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: Modern kitchen with stove top on the island, oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, espresso and coffee machine. Washing machine and tumble dryer are separate.
- Dining room: Next to living room and kitchen, opening out to balcony over the pool.
The house sleeps up to 8, there are 3 double bedrooms for 6 people and then it is also possible to add a double mattress to a bedroom for 2 additional children.
- Bedroom 1: On the top floor, accessed up the spiral staircase from the living room, the master suite is air conditioned. It en suite bathroom has jacuzzi bath, walk-in shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 2: On the ground floor, at the level of the pool, a double bedroom.
- Bedroom 3: On the ground floor, at the level of the pool, a double bedroom with TV and writing desk.
- Bathroom 2: The ground floor bathroom is for bedrooms 2 and 3, and has walk-in shower, double basins and separate WC.
The wonder of the house is the outside space. In a smaller space this house packs in all the amenities of a country villa. To the front is the heated pool, surrounded by decking, with shaded dining tables, sunloungers, a summer kitchen and BBQ for outdoor cooking, and lounging area. The house is partly extended over the pool on stilts.
At the back of the house the terrace offers another spot to relax or eat, as well as a bar and ping pong table, and even a boules court.
At a glance
A concierge partner property
This property is offered in association with our concierge partner, which means you get little extra touches like a welcome basket on arrival and a property manager on call for your stay. You can also order à la carte services like breakfast or grocery delivery, daily cleaning, personal chef or trainer, and airport transportation.
In our view
What we like
- Style: This is a cool house, the living space is bright and funky, the furnishings are high quality, there’s a/c, and even the way it juts out over the pool is fun.
- Pool area: It’s great to have a pool in the city of Aix, and it’s heated.
- Outside space: The space around the pool is great, with choice of dining tables, summer kitchen, and lounging area with lighting that makes an outdoor living room. There is even a second outdoor setting on the other side with boules court, ping pong and bar.
- Location: In 10 minutes on foot you are on the Cours Mirabeau, the epicentre of the wonderful town of Aix-en-Provence.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool is right by the house and so special care should be taken with supervision of young children.
- Beds: To sleep 8 people, there is a double mattress for 2 children which can be added to a bedroom, rather than a bed.
The house is in the Parc Jourdan area of central Aix-en-Provence, 10 minutes walk south of the main thoroughfare Cours Mirabeau.
Aix-en-Provence is consistently voted the best place to live in France, and the reasons are obvious: it’s small and gorgeous, the most photogenic of cities with delights at every turn; its streets and squares are full of restaurants, cafes and markets; the shopping in Aix is outstanding; the centre is largely car-free; and of course Aix has a great Provence climate, which means you can sit outside eating or sipping a coffee and watching the world go by almost year-round.
- The nearest international airports to Aix-en-Provence are Marseille (29km/18 miles), Avignon (76km/47 miles), Nimes (99km/61 miles), Montpellier (156km/96 miles), Nice (168km/104 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail station to Aix is Aix-en-Provence TGV (18km/11 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions