An architect’s villa where views and light are key, offering 300 sq m (3200 sq ft) of living space and high-end furnishings, with 5 air-conditioned bedrooms, all en suite. With heated pool for a long swimming season, and a great location 3 miles from the legendary village of Gordes. On the ground floor the living spaces run into each toher, with kitchen and dining room in the centre, and living room and TV room to the side.
- Kitchen: Spacious designer kitchen equipped with 5-ring gas stove, double oven, dishwasher, American fridge-freezer with ice and water, coffee machine, microwave, and dining table. The kitchen opens through large sliding windows to a terrace with gas BBQ.
- Dining Room: Next to the kitchen the dining room opens out to the south-facing terrace. The dining room has a fireplace which communicates through to the TV room.
- TV Room: With leather sofa and armchairs, DVD library and a fireplace.
- Living Room: The living room has double-height ceiling, and a mezzanine level with work desk. The room has two sofas and big openings out to the sunny terrace with view. There is WiFi internet throughout.
- Fitness Room: With rowing and cycling machines, and weights.
The house sleeps 10 in 5 bedrooms: all bedrooms are air conditioned and have an en suite bathroom. There is an annex with two bedrooms, and in the main house there are two bedrooms on the ground floor and one bedroom upstairs.
- Bedroom 1: On the ground floor with a 1.8m/6ft-wide bed, and patio doors to the terrace and pool area. The en suite bathroom has bath, separate shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: On the ground floor with a 1.8m/6ft-wide bed and TV. The en suite bathroom has a shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: Upstairs bedroom with 1.8m/6ft-wide bed, and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 4: In the annex, with 1.8m/6ft-wide bed and TV, and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5: In the annex with two single beds and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
The house is in a calm setting with an amazing view over the Luberon countryside. The garden is 5000 sq m (54,000 sq ft) with terrace, pool and lawn.
The pool can be heated and measures 13m x 6m (42 x 20ft), with infinity edges over the view. There are steps down into the pool from the main terrace, and sunloungers alongside.
The main terrace has outdoor furniture for relaxation, and there is also an area for playing boules.
There is plenty of parking at the back of the house.
At a glance
A concierge partner property
This property is offered in association with our concierge partner, which means you get little extra touches like a welcome basket on arrival and a property manager on call for your stay. You can also order à la carte services like breakfast or grocery delivery, daily cleaning, personal chef or trainer, and airport transportation.
In our view
What we like
- Contemporary: This is a modern villa designed to maximise the views and the light, with big openings to the south.
- View: A gorgeous view over the countryside of the Luberon , looking south towards the mountain.
- Pool: The pool is large and can be heated, the steps down from the terrace are a cool way in, and the infinity edges make this a special pool with a view.
- Bedrooms: Bedrooms are a good size, and all have a/c and their own bathroom.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool is close to the house and care should be taken with young children.
The house is in a peaceful country setting 3 miles from the village of Gordes in the Luberon region of Provence.
Gordes is perhaps the most picturesque village in Provence, if not France. Honey-coloured houses spiral down from the medieval castle at the top, to form the perfect hill-top village. Views from the village are far and wide over the vineyards and orchards to the Luberon mountain.
Gordes has many restaurants and a lovely Tuesday morning market, as well as basic food stores. In summer it is lively with cultural events, in the off-season it is calmer and more relaxed. Just outside Gordes is ‘the’ lavender photo opportunity – Senanque Abbey.
- The nearest international airports to Gordes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (240km/149 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed stations to Gordes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (78km/26 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions