€893-€1190 / week
Style: Great mix of old and new comforts.
Terrace: South-facing terrace for dining and relaxation.
Location: In a real, living Provence village.
Air conditioning: AC throughout the house.
The house is beautifully designed and renovated, ideal for rentals, with three equal bedrooms and bathrooms, air conditioning throughout, pretty outside space facing south, and 2 minutes’ walk to the bakery, grocery and restaurants of Oppede. On the ground floor are the kitchen and living room, both opening out to the terrace. There are original floor tiles, stone walls and exposed beams, as well as new furnishings and bathrooms.
- Living Room: With sofas and TV with TNT French channels, opening out to the terrace.
- Kitchen: Also opening to the terrace, the kitchen has a dining table and is equipped with wall-mounted oven, induction stove, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, and two coffee machines (drip and Dolce Gusto capsules).
- Guest WC: On the ground floor.
The house sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms, all upstairs, each with in-room shower, basin and separate WC. Each bedroom offers the flexibility of two single beds or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double, they all face south and are air-conditioned. Two bedrooms are on the first floor up and the third is on the 2nd floor up, with view over the Luberon countryside.
To the front of the house, facing south, is a raised terrace across the full width, shaded by a pergola. On the terrace are a dining table and seating area, along with barbecue.
Steps from the terrace lead down to a gravelled area, and a small shaded lawn with sunloungers.
This is a village house with neighbouring houses on either side, but very calm.
There is private off-street parking.
At a glance
0-3 Double beds/0-6 Singles
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Decor: This house is perfect for rentals, including the mix of old floor tiles, exposed beams and contemporary furniture.
- Equal bedrooms: Bedrooms are each of a similar generous size, with south-facing view, shower, basin and WC.
- Air conditioning: A/C throughout the house is very welcome in summer.
- Village location: Oppede is a real Luberon village, with two restaurants, bakery, grocery and tennis courts, all a 2-minute walk away.
Things to note
- Garden: This property does not have a pool.
Le Paradesque is in the centre of the village of Oppede, 2 minutes’ walk to restaurants and bakery.
The two Oppedes are quite different in character: Oppede-le-vieux, perched halfway up the Luberon mountain, is the original medieval village dating back 1000 years or so, and is a fascinating time-locked glimpse into the past, with no hint of modernity allowed inside the walls. You can walk up to the church and castle ruins above the village for a spectacular view over the Luberon valley.
Down in the valley the new Oppede is where the population descended to in the last century, and this is a completely untouristy, authentic Provence village with two restaurants and a bar, bakery and tennis courts. Oppede is a calm and well-positioned base from which to explore the region’s highlights.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions