Les Heyrauds is a refurbished Provence farmhouse with heated pool in the Luberon park near Menerbes. It combines old and new with exposed beams and modern kitchen and bathrooms. The living room and kitchen/dining are in one space and open out to the south-facing terrace through large sliding patio doors.
- Living Room: The living room has sofas and armchair round a wall-mounted fireplace, and TV/DVD with French TNT channels. The house has WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is dual aspect and has big openings to the outside dining and garden, giving a summery feel to the heart of the home. The kitchen is equipped with oven, 4-ring cooker, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave and filter-coffee machine, as well as dining table.
- Laundry: With washing machine, dryer and guest WC.
The house sleeps 8 people with three double bedrooms and one twin room for children. One of the double bedrooms is downstairs. There are 3 bathrooms.
- Bedroom 1: On the ground floor, with a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and exposed ceiling beams. The en suite bathroom has shower, double basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and en suite bathroom with shower, double basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed.
- Bedroom 4: Best suited to children, with two single beds.
- Bathroom 3: Bathroom for bedrooms 3 and 4 with shower, basin and WC.
The house is set on 1 acre of lawn and grassland and faces south to the sun. The garden is not enclosed so young children need to be monitored.
To the front of the house is terrace running round two side, with choice of dining tables – by the barbecue, or under the pergola by the kitchen.
The pool is heated and measures 10m x 4m (33 x 13ft). For security it has an infra-red alarm system. There are parasols and 8 comfortable sunloungers at poolside.
The house has a gated entrance and secure parking for several cars.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: In Luberon countryside, 2 miles from the great village of Menerbes, and close to all the other perched and perfect villages of the area.
- Heated pool: The heated pool extends the swimming season either side of summer.
- New and old: The house combines the charm of the old with the comfort of the new, making it ideal for a trip to Provence.
Things to note
- Young children: Young children need to be monitored: the garden is not fenced off from the nearest country road. The pool has an infra-red alarm system but children still need supervision.
Be the first to leave a review.
The house is in a country setting 2 miles to the north of the village of Menerbes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions