€2261-€3920 / week
View: Far-reaching view over Provence countryside.
Location: Close to Gordes and in the heart of the Luberon.
Pool: On a raised level to maximise the view.
Garden: A garden that says “Provence” with its colours and scents.
An excellent summer villa for 6 people, in 3 bedrooms all with en suite bathroom. This is a renovated hamlet house on the hills near Gordes and St Pantaleon, with beautiful view across the valley to the Luberon mountain, including the perched village of Menerbes. Inside the house is modern and very comfortable. and outside the pool area is hard to leave, with its view, and its Provencal surrounds of lavender, olive trees and rosemary. On the ground floor are the large living room and kitchen, and upstairs are three bedrooms each with its own bathroom.
- Living Room: A large, bright room across the width of the house with sofas around the fireplace, TV/DVD with Orange TV, and hifi. The house has WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: Equipped with wall-mounted oven, stove, American fridge-freezer with ice and water, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, filter coffee machine, Nespresso.
- Guest WC: Guest WC on the ground floor.
The house sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom. Two bedrooms are doubles and one can be a double or a twin.
- Bedroom 1: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and view south to the Luberon. The en suite bathroom has walk-in shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.8m/6ft-wide bed and view south to the Luberon. The en suite bathroom has walk-in shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: Can be configured either as 2 single beds or a 1.7m/5.5ft-wide double. Luberon view and bathroom with walk-in shower, basin and WC.
The garden is over 16,000 sq ft (1500 sq m) and planted with roses, lavender, olive trees, box balls, and rosemary. The pool is on a level above the house to make the most of the wonderful Luberon view, with the perched village of Menerbes picked out in the distance.
The pool measures 10m x 4m (33ft x 13ft) and has a motorised cover for security. Around the pool are sunloungers and parasols.
Outside the kitchen under shade is the large dining table.
The property is gated, with secure shaded parking for 2 cars to the rear.
At a glance
2 Double beds
2 Single beds
3 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Location: A countryside setting close to the great villages of Gordes and Goult, in the ‘golden triangle’ of the Luberon.
- View: From the hills below Gordes the view stretches over the Luberon valley to the mountain, with the hill-top village of Menerbes picked out in the distance.
- Pool: It’s hard to leave the pool area, with the comfort of its sunloungers and parasols, and as it on a raised level in the garden, you can take in the view while sunbathing.
Things to note
- Pool safety: The pool has a motorised cover for security but extra care should be taken with young children.
Location – Gordes
Les Lavandes is in a peaceful hamlet setting 4.5km (3 miles) from the gorgeous village of Gordes.
Gordes is perhaps the most picturesque village in Provence, if not France. Honey-coloured houses spiral down from the medieval castle at the top, to form the perfect hill-top village. Views from the village are far and wide over the vineyards and orchards to the Luberon mountain.
Gordes has many restaurants and a lovely Tuesday morning market, as well as basic food stores. In summer it is lively with cultural events, in the off-season it is calmer and more relaxed. Just outside Gordes is ‘the’ lavender photo opportunity – Senanque Abbey.
- The nearest international airports to Gordes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (240km/149 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed stations to Gordes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (78km/26 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions