€4045-€8330 / week
Location: A short stroll to the centre of Roussillon village.
Pool: A big pool with infinity edge.
Space: Contemporary design gives great space and light.
Air conditioning: The house has a.c. throughout.
This 5500 sq ft house is designed from the foundations up for vacation rentals, with all the living areas in one vast and light space, opening to the south-facing terrace and pool. Even with 14 people there are enough places for everyone to find their own spot, this is a perfect venue for a multi-generation group. All rooms are air conditioned.
- Living Room: The living room faces out over the garden with sofa and armchairs, and on a lower level is the TV den with a huge 5ft screen, receiving TNT French channels, plus DVD and Blu-Ray with film library.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is beautifully designed and equipped with American fridge-freezer with ice machine, two wall-mounted ovens, microwave, dishwasher, two sinks, 5-ring gas stove, food mixer, coffee machine and Nespresso.
- Summer room: The summer room is on the other side of the kitchen, also facing out to the terrace and pool, this has another seating area and a little inside zen garden.
- Guest WC: On the ground floor.
- Laundry: With washing machine and ironing.
The house sleeps 16 people in 7 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. All bedrooms are air conditioned. One bedroom is a kids’ room sleeping 4. One bedroom and bathroom are downstairs, the others are upstairs.
- Bedroom 1: On the ground floor, a double room with a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, and sliding window out to the garden. The en suite bathroom has a walk-in shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: A big room with three large windows and en suite bathroom in the same space. The bed is 1.6m/5.25ft-wide, and the bathroom has walk-in shower and basin, and a separate WC.
- Bedroom 3: A large room with high ceiling and tall plants giving a sub-tropical vibe. The room also incorporates a seating area with windows offering a panoramic view of the ochre cliffs and surrounding countryside. The bed is 1.6m/5.25ft-wide, and the spacious en suite bathroom with dressing area has walk-in-shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom with a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, and en suite bathroom with walk-in shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom with a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed.
- Bedroom 6: Kids’ room with 4 single beds, games and books – also a place for children to hang out in their own space.
- Bedroom 7: On the second floor with two single beds and a writing desk.
- Bathroom 5: The bathroom for bedrooms 5, 6 and 7, with walk-in shower, basin and a separate WC in the landing.
- For babies: There are two wooden cots, two high chairs and a baby bath.
The ground floor living space continues outside through wide sliding windows, to the shade of the virgin vine overhead and outside dining area. Below this level is the big pool area, and then the boules court and terraced lawn. The whole garden is fenced in, so youngsters can run around without going astray. As well as the boules court, there is an outdoor ping pong table. The land covers 55,000 sq ft.
The pool is 13m x 6m (42 x 20ft) with steps at one end, and has an infinity edge over the view. Around the pool are sunloungers, deckchairs, parasols, and hammock, as well as an outdoor shower.
The shaded outside dining table seats 16 and alongside is a big 3-burner gas plancha for outdoor cooking.
The garden is lawned and goes down over different levels.
There is secure garage parking for two and off-street parking for several cars.
At a glance
5 Double bed
6 Single beds
5 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- The design: This villa is beautifully designed for a multi-generation family or a group of friends to enjoy themselves without feeling on top of one another. The living area is huge and all in one space with a fabulous kitchen at its heart. And one of the bedrooms and bathrooms is downstairs.
- Position: In a quiet setting with a great Luberon view from the whole house and garden, but only 450 metres walk to the restaurants, cafes and shops of the stunning village of Roussillon, which is officially listed as One of the Most Beautiful Villages of France.
- Outdoor fun: From the big pool with infinity edge, to the boules court, to the outdoor ping pong table. And if you have toddlers the enclosed garden makes it easier to keep an eye on them.
- Modern comforts: Even in Provence it’s nice to have a new and beautifully equipped kitchen, a 5ft TV screen, 20Mb/s of internet, and air conditioning throughout.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has an alarm for security but care should be taken with young children.
- Parking: There is ample off-road parking outside the house, and if you have a valuable car or bikes you want to put away there are also two garage spaces available.
Les Ocres is in a quiet setting 450 metres from the centre of Roussillon.
Roussillon is one of the most recognisable villages in France. It used to be known for its ochre quarry, now it is known for the spectacular palette of ochre shades that colour the houses – there are said to be 17 different hues from yellow to pink. Roussillon is not just a pretty face, as a popular village it has several restaurants, art boutiques and a quaint market on Thursday mornings, so it is a good village base too. Not to mention the other-worldly ochre quarry which you can visit on a circuit of the ochre walk (sentier des ocres).
- The nearest international airports to Roussillon are Marseille (81km/50 miles), Nice (228km/141 miles), Nimes (101km/62 miles), Montpellier (141km/87 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed railway stations to Roussillon are Avignon TGV (50km/31 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (88km/54 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions