The house dates back to 1770, and forms an ‘L’ around a shaded terrace with pergola and outside relaxation spots. A new wing provides a double-height living room as well as a dining room. The house also has the old living room and dining room, in the traditional Provence style, and each room flows into the next through arched openings. The kitchen is very new and was designed and equipped by a chef. For a 3-bedroom house, the downstairs provides a lot of living space, and means children and adults do not need to be on top of each other. The house has WiFi internet.
The house sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms, with 2 bathrooms. There are two double beds and one twin room.
- Bedroom 1: The master bedroom is dual aspect and spans the width of the house. It has a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed.
- Bathroom 1: Large walk in shower, double basin and a separate WC. This bathroom is for bedrooms 1 and 2.
- Bedroom 3: Accessed through bedroom 1 or up the ladder from the TV room, bedroom 3 is a twin room with two singe beds, and an en suite shower room with shower and basin.
The house is surrounded by vineyards, south-facing and with a view to the Luberon mountain to the north. Its garden is enclosed, with terrace, lawn and pool area.
The pool is 10m x 5m (32 x 16ft), with roman steps at one end.
Along the whole front of the house runs the south-facing terrace with pergola for shade. On this terrace are the dining table and two seating areas.
Beyond the terrace the garden is lawn with trees, lavender and roses.
There is plenty of off-street parking to the back of the house.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Setting: All around are the vineyards of the south Luberon, this is real Provence countryside and a peaceful, relaxing setting.
- Location: Close to the south Luberon villages of Cucuron, Ansouis and Vaugines, with Lourmarin 4 miles away – gorgeous Provence villages with restaurant options that include two Michelin-starred restaurants within 3 miles, and plenty of simpler offerings too.
- Price: A 3-bedroom house with pool in a great location, and at an affordable rate.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has an alarm for security but care should still be taken with supervision of young children.
Be the first to leave a review.
The house is in the south Luberon countryside between the villages of Cucuron (2km/1.2 miles) and Ansouis (4.8km/3 miles).
Cucuron is a very charming village with its rampart walls and 14th century castle tower, and year-round activity. The centre of the village is the well-known pond lined by vast plane trees, this is the site of the Tuesday morning Cucuron market, as well as several restaurants, including the Michelin-starred La Petite Maison. Cucuron was relatively wealthy and busy until the Black Death laid waste to the village, and an architectural stroll through its streets is very rewarding. As well as being picturesque, Cucuron is practical, with shops and bakeries, a small supermarket, restaurants and cafes: a great Luberon base.
- The nearest international airports to Cucuron are Avignon (57km/35 miles), Nimes (101km/62 miles), Montpellier (163km/101 miles), Marseille (60km/37 miles), Nice (191km/118 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail station to Cucuron are Aix-en-Provence TGV (49km/30 miles) and Avignon TGV (67km/41 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €400 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions