Les Poulivets is a little haven and from within its enclosed garden the newly renovated house will welcome you. The house takes up the lower floor of the building and the layout inside is open-plan for the kitchen, dining and lounge area and this whole space is air-conditioned.
Attached to this area there is also a utility room with washing machine and a separate WC. The bedrooms are accessed along a corridor leading from the dining area.
- Living Room: There are two sofas and a coffee table with a TV in the corner that has only French channels, and high-speed WiFi.
- Kitchen: A well-appointed kitchen with ceramic hob, wall-mounted oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, espresso coffee machine.
- Dining Room: With dining table for 4 and sliding patio doors that open directly onto the terrace outside.
The house sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms, with 1 bathroom and a separate WC.
- Bedroom 1: This room has a view into the side courtyard, the bed is either an American king size, 1.8m/6ft-wide, or two single beds if preferred.
- Bedroom 2: With a view onto the pool terrace, the bed is 1.4m/4.6ft-wide.
The house is set above the street level, accessed by steps from the gated private parking space. Up these steps you reach the secluded pool terrace with access to the house. There is an outdoor dining area here with seating for 6, adjacent is a BBQ area.
The pool is 8m x 3m (26 x 10ft) and unheated, on its terrace there are sunloungers for 4 people.
The garden wraps from the south-facing pool terrace to an east-facing side courtyard set up with a seating area near the aged olive tree, from here you can look out towards the Luberon hills across the village rooftops.
Although the house sits in the heart of the village and near all its amenities, it is also ideally placed for strolling out into the nearby countryside only a few minutes away.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Haven: A relaxing spot tucked neatly into village life without the hustle and bustle.
- Pool: A rarity in a village where space is a premium.
- Enclosed garden: A level of security to stop both children and pets getting into trouble.
- Setting: Ideal for getting into the village and surrounding countryside for walks, as well as exploring the region.
Things to note
- Pool safety: The pool has an approved alarm system but is not fenced.
- Steps: The steps leading down to the parking area do not currently have a gate, small children should be watched here.
- Attic: This is a ground floor house with an unused attic above.
Les Poulivets is right in the heart of the pretty village of Oppede in the Luberon region of Provence.
Oppede is a quiet, authentic Provence village, a great base for exploring its famous neighbours like Menerbes and Gordes, or for slipping into village life through its bar, restaurants, tennis courts and children’s playground. The better known Oppede-le-vieux (the old Oppede) remains on the hill as a strikingly preserved medieval village, with ruined castle and churches, and great far view of the Luberon valley. Both villages are in the heart of the sought-after Luberon region of Provence.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions