€2250-€3950 / week
Contemporary: Modern chic mixes with classic Provence setting.
Big, heated pool: 17m x 5m – big enough to swim lengths.
Extensive grounds: The garden even includes a small vineyard.
Independence: Poolhouse sleeps two and is self-contained.
Les Vignes is a contemporary barn conversion in the countryside 1 km from the great village of Menerbes. The interior design is modern and the setting classic Provence. The big heated pool is set away from the house and the self-contained poolhouse can sleep 2 on a sofabed or mezzanine bed. The main house sleeps 6 in 3 double bedrooms.
Downstairs the living room, kitchen and dining room are all in one convivial space, and open out onto the garden, outside dining and BBQ.
- Living Room: With suspended wood-burning stove and L-shaped sofa, this room is young at heart. It also has TV/DVD and WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: Finished in wood and steel, the kitchen has 4-ring stove, oven, dishwasher, coffee machine, fridge-freezer and wine cabinet.
- Dining Room: In between kitchen and living room, and open plan to both.
- Laundry Room: Off the kitchen, the laundry room has washing machine and dryer.
Les Vignes sleeps 8. In the main house are 3 double bedrooms, all upstairs; and two bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. The poolhouse can sleep 2 more people and is self-contained with kitchen and bathroom.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed and view over the garden.
- Bedroom 2: With 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and view over the garden.
- Bedroom 3: 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed and a corner workdesk.
- Bedroom 4: In the poolhouse, either on the sofa-bed or the mezzanine bed, so best for independent teens.
- Bathroom 1: Luxury bathroom upstairs with big walk-in shower, pedestal bath with jacuzzi jets, double basins. Separate WC upstairs.
- Bathroom 2: Downstairs, with shower and basin. Separate WC downstairs.
- Bathroom 3: In the poolhouse, with shower, basin and WC.
The land goes from terrace to lawn, to vineyard to wooded hill. At the front of the house is the south-facing terrace with dining table and bbq. There are comfortable seating and lounging areas by the lawn.
The pool is set 60 metres from the house, and offers a wonderful view northward to Mont Ventoux and all around.
The pool is heated, and also big enough to swim lengths, 17m/56ft long. It has an electronic sliding cover for security. Around the pool is a large decked area with funky sunloungers.
The pool-house has a kitchen with cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. It also has toilet and showers both inside and out. You can take your meals at the poolside dining table.
Another level up from the pool area is the boules/petanque court and all the equipment you need to play.
There is secure, off-street parking for several cars.
At a glance
3 Double beds
1 Mezzanine bed
2 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Pool: A brilliant place to spend the day – it’s big, heated, and the poolhouse has a kitchen.
- View: A great view from the high pool setting as well as the boules court.
- Fun: From the funky living room to the cool pool area to exploring the grounds, this is a fun place to be based.
- Location: It’s in Provence countryside but only 1 km away is Menerbes, officially one of France’s ‘Most Beautiful Villages’.
Things to note
- Poolhouse: The house sleeps 8 if you sleep 2 in the poolhouse, which is 60 metres from the main house, and self-contained with kitchen and bathroom. The main house sleeps 6.
The villa is in a country setting 1 km (0.7 mile) from the gorgeous village of Menerbes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, garden and pool maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €900 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions