This is a light and beautifully designed apartment on the first floor of a 3-storey building in the very centre of Lourmarin. There is a quiet pedestrian street on one side and on the other is the heart of the village with restaurants and cafes. There are windows looking down on this very picturesque square, allowing you to people-watch from your own home. The apartment is newly finished for 2017, with a contemporary and elegant design, and is air-conditioned throughout.
- Living Room: The living area is open-plan with living room, kitchen and dining table. The living room has sofas and armchairs, TV with French channels and English-language channels like CNN. There is WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is equipped with 3-ring stove, combi microwave/oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, wine fridge, Nespresso and filter coffee machine. There is a dining table for 4 between kitchen and living room.
- Laundry: Washing machine and dryer are on the ground floor and communal, serving the 3 apartments in the building.
The apartment sleeps 4 in 2 double bedrooms, with 2 bathrooms.
- Bedroom 1: At the other end from the living room, this room has a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and writing desk overlooking the quiet pedestrian street behind. Its bathroom has shower, basin and WC, bathrobes and hairdryer.
- Bedroom 2: Off the living room, and separated by a sliding screen, this bedroom has either 2 single beds or a double, and overlooks the square. Its en suite bathroom has shower, basin and WC, bathrobes and hairdryer.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: Right in the heart of Lourmarin, with restaurants, cafes and market on the doorstep. You arrive at the back of the building on rue de Juiverie, one of the little winding streets of Lourmarin. On the other side is the pedestrianised centre of the village.
- Style: Modern, with warm tones and the natural light that comes from the interior patio in the centre, making this a very welcoming apartment.
- A/C: Air conditioning throughout.
Things to note
- Stair access: This apartment is on the ground floor but with a few steps up from the street level.
- Parking: There is parking in various lots around the village, about 200 metres away.
Lourmarin Central apartment is in the heart of the village of Lourmarin.
Lourmarin has everything you would want in a Provence village. It is gorgeous to look at, it even has a Renaissance castle and Romanesque chapel just outside the village walls to make it even more picturesque. The range of restaurants is second to none, from simple to high-end. And the centre is packed with street cafes. The icing on the cake is the Friday morning market, one of the best in the Luberon and a must-see even if you are not buying.
- The nearest international airports to Lourmarin are Marseille (57km/35 miles), Nice (206km/128 miles), Nimes (96km/59 miles), Montpellier (151km/93 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Lourmarin are Avignon TGV (65km/40 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (46km/28 miles).
- Rates: There is a 15% discount to the rates for a 1-week stay, and 30% for 1 month.
- Minimum Stay: Minimum stay is 3 nights. Arrival on first day is 4pm-8pm, departure on last day is by 10am.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €100 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the apartment.
- Full rental conditions