€880-€1335 / week
Location: Couldn’t be better, absolute centre of Lourmarin.
A/C: Air conditioning throughout.
Design: Modern and elegant.
Outside: The interior terrace brings light and space.
This 70 m2 (750 sq ft) apartment is on the top floor of a 3-storey building in the very centre of Lourmarin. There is a quiet pedestrian street on one side and on the other is the heart of the village with restaurants and cafes. The apartment is newly finished for 2017, with a contemporary and elegant design reflecting some of the owner’s travels. The apartment is air-conditioned throughout.
- Living Room: The living area is open-plan with the interior patio in the middle. The living room has sofas and armchairs, TV with French channels and English-language channels like CNN. There is WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is equipped with 3-ring stove, multi-oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, wine fridge and Nespresso. There is a dining table by the patio or by the window looking out on the rooftops of Lourmarin.
- Interior patio: This clever use of space provides an opening to the sky and a deck for eating outside, as well as a hammock for Provencal relaxation.
- Laundry: Washing machine and dryer are on the ground floor and communal, serving the 3 apartments in the building.
The apartment sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms. The second bedroom is for the young and young at heart as it is a cosy reading nook that can accommodate two mattresses.
- Bedroom 1: With 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC, bathrobes and hairdryer.
- Bedroom 2: The reading nook by the kitchen can be made up as 2 single beds or a double, and has a curtain for privacy. Best suited to youngsters.
- Bathroom 2: With shower, basin and WC, bathrobes and hairdryer.
At a glance
1 Double bed
2 Single beds
2 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Location: Right in the heart of Lourmarin, with restaurants, cafes and market on the doorstep. You arrive at the back of the building on rue de Juiverie, one of the little winding streets of Lourmarin. On the other side is the pedestrianised centre of the village.
- Style: Modern, with warm tones and the natural light that comes from the interior patio in the centre, making this a very welcoming apartment.
- A/C: Air conditioning throughout.
Things to note
- Stair access: This apartment is on the second floor up from the ground floor and has no lift.
- Parking: There is parking in various lots around the village, about 200 metres away.
Lourmarin Rooftops apartment is in the centre of the village of Lourmarin.
Lourmarin has everything you would want in a Provence village. It is gorgeous to look at, it even has a Renaissance castle and Romanesque chapel just outside the village walls to make it even more picturesque. The range of restaurants is second to none, from simple to high-end. And the centre is packed with street cafes. The icing on the cake is the Friday morning market, one of the best in the Luberon and a must-see even if you are not buying.
- The nearest international airports to Lourmarin are Marseille (57km/35 miles), Nice (206km/128 miles), Nimes (96km/59 miles), Montpellier (151km/93 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Lourmarin are Avignon TGV (65km/40 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (46km/28 miles).
- Rates: There is a 15% discount to the rates for a 1-week stay, and 30% for 1 month.
- Minimum Stay: Minimum stay is 3 nights. Arrival on first day is 4pm-8pm, departure on last day is by 10am.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €100 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the apartment.
- Full rental conditions