€565-€845 / week
Location: Couldn’t be better, absolute centre of Lourmarin.
A/C: Air conditioning throughout.
Design: Great use of the space to get a lot into a little.
Touches: Bathrobes, hairdryer, remote control curtains.
This is a very snug, air-conditioned lovenest for two on the middle floor of a 3-storey building in the very centre of the wonderful village of Lourmarin. The bedroom and bathroom are on a mezzanine level above the living room/kitchen. This means the large window spans both upstairs and downstairs. The outlook is to the quiet, winding, pedestrian street to the back. The apartment is newly finished for 2017, with a contemporary and elegant design.
- Living Room: The living area has sofa, dining table and kitchen equipped with 2-ring stove, fridge, dishwasher and Nespresso. On the TV are the French channels as well as English-language chnanels like CNN. The studio has WiFi internet.
- Laundry: Washing machine and dryer are on the ground floor and communal, serving the 3 apartmenets in the building.
The studio sleeps 2 on the mezzanine level which is reached by the handmade spiral staircase. The bed is 1.6m/5.25ft-wide and because everything has been thought of there is a remote control for the curtains. The en suite bathroom has shower, basin and WC, bathrobes and hairdryer. There is no door between bedroom and bathroom.
At a glance
1 Double bed
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Location: Right in the heart of Lourmarin, with restaurants, cafes and market on the doorstep. You arrive at the back of the building on rue de Juiverie, one of the little winding streets of Lourmarin. On the other side is the pedestrianised centre of the village.
- Style: Modern design with warm tones and the light spilling in from the large window, making this a very cosy place for 2.
- A/C: Air conditioning throughout.
Things to note
- Stair access: This apartment is on the first floor up from the ground floor and has no lift.
- Parking: There is parking in various lots around the village, about 200 metres away.
Lourmarin Studio is in the centre of the village of Lourmarin.
Lourmarin has everything you would want in a Provence village. It is gorgeous to look at, it even has a Renaissance castle and Romanesque chapel just outside the village walls to make it even more picturesque. The range of restaurants is second to none, from simple to high-end. And the centre is packed with street cafes. The icing on the cake is the Friday morning market, one of the best in the Luberon and a must-see even if you are not buying.
- The nearest international airports to Lourmarin are Marseille (57km/35 miles), Nice (206km/128 miles), Nimes (96km/59 miles), Montpellier (151km/93 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Lourmarin are Avignon TGV (65km/40 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (46km/28 miles).
- Rates: There is a 15% discount to the rates for a 1-week stay, and 30% for 1 month.
- Minimum Stay: Minimum stay is 3 nights. Arrival on first day is 4pm-8pm, departure on last day is by 10am.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €100 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the apartment.
- Full rental conditions