The house is over 4 floors: you enter on the ground floor into the kitchen, with dining room alongside. On the 1st floor are bedroom 1 and living room. On the 2nd floor are bathroom and roof terrace. And on the lower ground floor are the second bedroom and bathroom. Maison de Bonnieux has exposed beams and original floors, giving an authentic taste of Provence life.
- Living Room: The living room has a sofa which is also a sofa-bed, TV/DVD with French and some English-language news channels. There is WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: With 4-ring cooker, oven, fridge-freezer, microwave and coffee machine.
- Dining Room: Sunny south-facing room with dining table.
The house sleeps up to 4 people. The main bedroom sleeps 2 and then there are the sofabed in the living room and the single bedroom on the lower ground floor. You go through the living room to get to the main bedroom.
- Master Bedroom: On the 1st floor up, with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed. The bathroom for this bedroom is up one floor and has shower, basin and toilet.
- Bedroom 2: On the lower ground floor is a single bed which also has a trundle bed underneath so can convert into two singles for children. The bathroom next door has bath with overhead shower, basin and toilet, as well as a washing machine.
- Sofabed: In the living room on the 1st floor, by the master bedroom, is a sofabed as another sleeping option. It should be noted that you walk through this room to get to the master bedroom.
On the 2nd floor the house has a great feature – a sunny south-facing roof terrace with great view over the Luberon valley and mountain. From here you can see the sun rise and set.
The roof terrace has dining table, chairs and deckchairs.
You can park on the street very close to the house, and parking is free in Bonnieux.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Cottage Feel: Each of the floors is snug and compact, and original features are intact.
- Roof Terrace: A lovely place to sunbathe or spend the summer nights.
- Location: Bonnieux is a fantastic village, with boutiques and cafes, several restaurants from simple to Michelin, and a great Friday market. All the village has to offer is within 4 minutes’ walk.
- View: It’s a lovely dominant view, and you get it from dining room, master bedroom, downstairs bathroom and roof terrace.
Things to note
- Stairs: With the stairs and the fact that the house is over 4 floors, this house is not suitable for young children or those with mobility issues.
- Walkthrough: If the sofabed in the living room is used as a bed, it should be noted that you walk through the living room to get to the master bedroom.
- Bathroom: The bathroom for the master bedroom is on the floor above.
Be the first to leave a review.
Maison de Bonnieux is 2 minutes walk from the restaurants, bakery and stores of Bonnieux.
Bonnieux is as picture-perfect from afar as it is on the inside. Beautifully preserved and also alive all year thanks to its shops, cafes and especially its many restaurants. There is fine architecture to be seen in Bonnieux’s streets, dating back to the middle ages. And another reason to love Bonnieux – it has magnificent views, facing west there is a panorama that takes in half of the Luberon. The Friday morning market in Bonnieux is a must, it’s well stocked with stalls and very picturesque too.
- The nearest international airports to Bonnieux are Marseille (82km/48 miles), Nice (218km/128 miles), Nimes (100km/59 miles), Montpellier (142km/83 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Bonnieux are Aix-en-Provence TGV (57km/33 miles) and Avignon TGV (50km/29 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions