€1910-€2920 / week
View: A great view from high up over Provence countryside.
Location: Very calm but only 5 minutes walk into the buzz of Gordes.
Pool: A heated pool with wonderful view.
Air conditioning: Two of the bedrooms have A/C
Maison de Gordes is a comfortable rental villa with heated pool and great view in one of the best spots in Provence – 5 minutes walk into the centre of Gordes. The villa sleeps 6 in 3 double bedrooms, 2 with air conditioning. Note: it is not suitable for non-swimmers because the pool is right by the house.
- Living Room: With sofas and armchairs and satellite TV/DVD, including CNN and BBC World, and hi-fi/CD player. There is also WiFi internet. The living room opens onto the pool and terrrace.
- Kitchen: The kitchen has oven, 4-ring stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee machine, dishwasher, and washing machine.
- Dining Room: A light room off the living room, with big sliding doors out to the pool and terrace.
The house sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 with a.c.) and 2 bathrooms, with 2 bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs. Two bedrooms are doubles and one can be either a double or two singles.
- Bedroom 1: Upstairs, with air conditioning. The bed is a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double and the room faces south to the view. The en suite bathroom has bath, shower and basin. There is a separate WC on the landing.
- Bedroom 2: Has either a 1.8m/6ft-wide double bed or two single beds. This bedroom is next to bedroom 1 and if the doors are left open can also benefit from the air conditioning.
- Bedroom 3: Downstairs, an air conditioned double with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed. Opposite this bedroom is the downstairs bathroom, with shower, basin and WC.
Around the house are 3.7 acres of land which is on different levels to the front and rear.
At the front of the house is the pool area with the fantastic view over the valley to the Luberon mountain. The pool is heated and measures 9m x 4m (30ft x 13ft), with steps at one end, and it has an electric, rigid cover for security.
By the pool are table and chairs under the shade of a tree, along with sunloungers and deckchairs.
Beyond the pool area the land is terraced, so there are drops of up to 10ft between levels, which makes the house unsuitable for toddlers. Older children will enjoy the space to roam as well was the two stone shepherd’s huts typical of the region, called bories.
The land is planted with olive trees, oak and cherry trees. In May-June you can pick your own cherries from the garden.
There is shaded parking by the house for two cars. The house is 200 metres from the road, which is a quiet country road, so this is a very peaceful setting.
At a glance
2 Double beds
2 Single beds
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- View: It’s a great, long view, taking in the perched villages of Roussillon and Bonnieux amid the vineyards and orchards.
- Location: Only 600 metres to walk into one of the most beautiful villages in the whole of Provence.
- Land: Plenty of space for children to play and a heated pool to extend the swimming season.
- Air conditioning: Two of the bedrooms have A/C.
Things to note
- Garden: This used to be terraced agricultural land, and so there are 10ft drops between levels, which makes it dangerous for very young children.
- Pool safety: The pool has a rigid cover but as it is only two steps from the house this property is not suitable for children who cannot swim.
- Owners: The owners live next door so are available in the evenings if there are any problems or for local tips.
Maison de Gordes is in a peaceful country setting 600 metres from the gorgeous village of Gordes.
Gordes is perhaps the most picturesque village in Provence, if not France. Honey-coloured houses spiral down from the medieval castle at the top, to form the perfect hill-top village. Views from the village are far and wide over the vineyards and orchards to the Luberon mountain.
Gordes has many restaurants and a lovely Tuesday morning market, as well as basic food stores. In summer it is lively with cultural events, in the off-season it is calmer and more relaxed. Just outside Gordes is ‘the’ lavender photo opportunity – Senanque Abbey.
- The nearest international airports to Gordes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (240km/149 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed stations to Gordes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (78km/26 miles).
- Minimum age: Children must be able to swim.
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €600 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions