€2380-€3570 / week
sleeps 6 + 2
Design: 17th century house with timeless Provencal design.
Peaceful: It’s in a very quiet hamlet surrounded by vineyards.
Location: You can walk to the restaurants and bar of Villars.
Pool: Separate and secure, ideal for youngsters.
Maison de Villars is a 17th century house in a very quiet hamlet 15 minutes’ walk from the village of Villars, sleeping 6 + 2, with one of the 4 bedrooms a walkthrough children’s room. With thick walls and a vaulted room at its heart, this is a really Provencal house, with simple, elegant design. The pool is fenced and gated, and 15 metres from the house with its own access, which makes it very child-friendly. Over the lane are the garden and courtyard for outdoor dining and BBQ.
On the ground floor are the kitchen, dining and living rooms.
- Living Room: Cosy room with wood-burning stove and TV with UK Freeview channels only, English books and board games, and WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: Equipped with 1.5 ovens, 5-ring gas stove, dishwasher, fridge, Nespresso, and in the pantry a fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Dining Room: Next to the kitchen, with original stone, vaulted ceiling.
The house has 4 bedrooms, two on the first floor up, and then on the top floor a family suite with parental bedroom, kids’ room and bathroom. You walk through the children’s room to get to the other bedroom. The house sleeps 8 in total.
- Bedroom 1: With two single beds brought together to make a 1.8m/6ft-wide double, or it could also be configured as two singles.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed.
- Bathroom 1: For bedrooms 1 and 2, with clawfoot bath and overhead shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: Top floor children’s room, which you walk through to get to bedroom 4. This room has a bed that can be a single or it can convert into a double. Bathroom 2 is also off this room. Because this is a 17th century building, there is a lower doorway height going into this room.
- Bedroom 4: Big, top-floor room with exposed ceiling beams and stone walls, accessed through bedroom 3, and with a 1.4m/6ft-wide bed. Lower doorway height into this room.
- Bathroom 2: For bedrooms 3 and 4, bathroom 2 has a clawfoot bath, shower, basin and WC.
The house is in a small and very peaceful hamlet of a dozen houses at the end of a country lane. Across the lane from the front door is a lawned area and a courtyard with dining table and Weber gas barbecue. 15 metres to the side of the house and across the lane is the pool area, which is fenced and gated to keep children safe.
The only cars that enter the hamlet are those of residents, so it is very quiet.
The pool area is enclosed with greenery and the pool measures 8m x 4m (26ft x 13ft). There are sunloungers, seating area, shaded dining table and charcoal barbecue. In the poolhouse is a drinks fridge-freezer.
There is plenty of shaded parking available opposite the house.
At a glance
Sleeps 6 + 2
3 Double beds
2 Single beds
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
Things to note
- Hamlet setting: The garden, courtyard and pool area are across the lane from the house, but this is a very calm lane, with no through traffic, only used by the handful of hamlet residents.
Maison de Villars is in a very peaceful country hamlet, 1.4km (0.8 miles) from the Luberon village of Villars.
Set on a small hill, Villars is an authentic Luberon village whose orange tint tells you we are in ochre country. Its winding streets snake towards the main square with its bar and restaurants, fountain and lavoir for washing. Villars has three restaurants and a bakery. All around are vineyards and cherry orchards. This is a sleepy Provence setting where you can get a surprisingly good dinner.
- The nearest international airports to Villars are Marseille (90km/55 miles), Nice (235km/146 miles), Nimes (101km/62 miles), Montpellier (165km/102 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Villars are Avignon TGV (60km/37 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (72km/44 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, weekly clean for stays of 2 weeks or more, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions