Sat proudly on its hillside the Maison du Vallon commands a glorious view across the valley in the Luberon hills. This stone house certainly looks the part of a traditional Provencal Mas with beautiful terraced gardens and a pool taking in the views as you swim. Walking in through the front door you have the choice to proceed to the two downstairs bedrooms or go left to the Living room. All rooms are brimming with character from the wooden beams overhead to the traditional tiles underfoot.
- Living Room: This is a wonderfully cosy and inviting room with 2 sofas set around a fireplace and a TV, It is open plan to the dining room and kitchen so makes the whole lower floor a convivial and social entertaining space. There is fibre optic fed WiFi in the house
- Dining room: From the lounge you enter the dining area with room for 10 diners, which opens out to the terrace through patio doors onto an outdoor shaded dining area.
- Kitchen: The country kitchen has exposed beams, an island unit and a cosy feel It has a Smeg range cooker with 5 gas burners and electric ovens, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, juice press etc. so ideal for preparing fine dining as well as beautiful breakfasts. The kitchen opens out to an indoor terrace room.
- Laundry room: With washing machine, dryer and a second fridge-freezer.
- Guest WC: In the hall at the bottom of the stairs.
The house sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs, with 3 bathrooms.
- Bedroom 1: This large room on the ground floor with a views out to the valley and side of the house.
- Bathroom 1: En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 2: Spacious room with two single beds.
- Bathroom 2: Shower room.
- Bedroom 3: Upstairs double room with 140cm bed
- Bedroom 4: Upstairs bedroom with 2 single beds
- Bathroom 3: Serving bedroom 3 and 4 it has a shower and w.c.
The Beautiful grounds are thoughtfully terraced and make the most of the elevated position giving great views to the valley and maintaining a link to nature.
From the house you have the choice of dining inside or al-fresco under the pergola and taking in the views.
On this terrace level you can walk through the carefully tended gardens bas the fountain to the magnificent pool area that is enclosed by stone walls and gated and benefits from the glorious view. The pool has a rolling cover too for further child security.
Above the upper terrace has a stone table and seating ideal to take in the evening views with a glass of something refreshing and taking in the view and quiet of this delightful spot.
The house has secured parking for up to 5 cars on the driveway behind electric gates.
At a glance
The house is in a quiet country setting 2km from the village of Menerbes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
* Out of the summer season (July/August) it is possible to add a supplementary room for the cost of (425 /week @ 61€ /day)
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 500 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions