The historic medieval village of Lacoste is perched on a hillside overlooking the Luberon valley, the 5 bedroom Maison Lacoste is in the heart of the village and benefits from this incredible view. The house is a large but welcoming home set on 3 floors and celebrating its historic past with modern comforts, a delightful terraced garden and pool.
- Entrance:Walking into the hallway you are greeted by a delightful view out to the covered terrace overlooking the garden and valley view.
- Kitchen: On the left side of the entrance hall the kitchen is equipped with everything you need for catering easily for your stay in a modern kitchen with touches of the original house like the old cooking fireplace and oven. The coffee machine is a classic Nespresso.
- Lounge: Leading from the kitchen you can pass through to the cosy lounge with its large comfortable sofas and fireplace, overhead are high ceilings and underfoot a traditional ‘tomettes’ tiled floor. The large windows look out onto the splendid garden and valley view. You will find a T.V. and DVD player here.
- Covered Terrace: Stepping out from the lounge you come out onto the covered terrace that has a large table for dining or simply to sit and take in the views. The hallway can also be accessed from the rear of the terrace.
- WC: A separate w.c. can be found off the hallway.
The house sleeps up to 10 people in 5 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom across 3 floors with one on the ground floor.
- Bedroom 1: Calming room with large double bed (160 cm) with ensuite shower room, w.c., and doors open onto a Juliet balcony overlooking the garden and valley view.
- Bedroom 2: Spacious room with large double bed (160 cm) with ensuite bath room, over shower, w.c., High ceilings in wood and plaster. Windows overlooking the garden and valley view.
- Bedroom 3: Large double bed (160 cm) with ensuite shower room, over shower, w.c., and windows looking into the Lacoste street below.
- Bedroom 4: A spacious modern room with large double bed (160 cm) with ensuite shower room, w.c., and windows overlooking the garden and valley view. Air-conditioned.
- Bedroom 5: Large double bed (160 cm) or two singles beds, with ensuite shower room, w.c., and windows looking into the Lacoste street below. Air-conditioned.
From the covered dining terrace and its magnificent views you descend to the garden level. On the first terrace there is a comfortable seating area. Here there is a summer kitchen and w.c.
Moving further down the beautiful garden you find the pool area with a delightful, shaded seating area above looking out to the view.
The pool is 8m x 4m with an area for lounging in the sun or under the pool house roof to keep cool.
The garden is an oasis of calm and a rarity to find in a house that is near to the facilities of the village, but it retains a country house charm too.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Design: Everything has been carefully thought out, with 5 beautifully decorated ensuite bedrooms and comfortable spacious kitchen and living room.
- Garden: With its different levels, planting, dining spots and pool, the garden packs a lot into an appealing setting.
- Location: In the heart of the village and a few moments walk to the restaurants, cafes, and life of Lacoste.
- Pool: It’s quite rare to have a large garden and pool in a village setting.
Things to note
- Pool safety: The pool is not fenced but has an alarm system and is gated on the upper terrace to keep children from the pool terrace. For small children extra care and supervision is advised.
Maison Lacoste is set in a quiet part of the village of Lacoste.
Lacoste is famed as the home of the Marquis de Sade, whose castle still dominates the village, with amazing views over the Luberon valley.
The village is beautifully preserved with almost no trace of modernisation, and it has a couple of restaurants and the Cafe de France with its grandstand view to Bonnieux.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions