Set in the beautiful village of Lagnes this extraordinary 5 bedroom 18th century townhouse is an ideal relaxing haven just a few minutes’ walk into the centre of the village with its amenities, restaurants and chateau.
The house has been lovingly restored and decorated to give a unique experience to those stay. The entire house has been equipped with Air-conditioning.
- Kitchen: It is a lovely and well thought out kitchen with all that the visitor could need to cook up some delightful Provencal dishes. There is an induction hob, with built in separate electric oven and microwave, a dishwasher and fridge freezer, coffee comes from Nespresso classic or filter coffee machines. The kitchen has easy access to have dining either outside to the sheltered courtyard or inside at the..
- Dining Area: Here there is seating for 10 people around the large wooden dining table.
- Entrance area: A place for kicking off your shoes with a bench, and in one corner comfortable chair to kick back and relax.
- Lounge: On the 1st floor are the living rooms that lead out to the pool terrace, the largest is a exposed beam ceiling lounge area with a sofa, chairs, and a TV above which is a mezzanine with a work space
- Snug: To one side of the lounge is a vaulted ceiling room with comfortable cushions scattered around to make a cosy room for kids and adults alike.
- Reading nook: At the rear of the lounge there is a Juliet balcony looking out over the courtyard opposite which is another vaulted ceiling area with a comfortable chair.
The house has 5 bedrooms sleeping 10 and 4 bathrooms. The first 2 bedrooms are accessed from the stairs on the entrance floor, the next 2 bedrooms are accessed from the Lounge level and finally above them is a final bedroom, all are airconditioned.
1st Floor from Entrance Level:
Bedroom 1: This is a very large 50m2 airy room with 3 large sets of windows looking out over the view and street below. The room is furnished with a delightful 160cm four-poster bed, a vintage wardrobe and seating area. The room has an ensuite shower room.
Bathroom 1: Ensuite to bedroom 1 with walk-in shower, sink and separate w.c.
Bedroom 2. On Bedroom 1: This room although smaller also has a large set of windows looking out over the view and street below. The room is furnished with s 160cm bed, a dressing table/work space with a large dressing room across the hall. The room has an ensuite shower room.
Bathroom 2: Ensuite to bedroom 2 with walk-in shower, sink and separate w.c.
2nd Floor from Lounge level:
Bedroom 3: With a view to the pool and the countryside beyond, it has a 160cm double bed. There is also access to a comfortable seating area or workspace that overlooks the lounge below.
Bedroom 4: With a view to the pool and the countryside beyond, it has a 180cm king-sized double bed, or two single 90cm beds if preferred.
Bathroom 3: Bedrooms 4 and 5 share a bathroom that has a walk-in shower, double sinks and a separate WC.
3rd Floor from Lounge level:
Bedroom 5: On the top floor is a lovely set of rooms with a bedroom furnished with a 160cm bed that has a view to the village, and across the hall..
Bathroom 4: ..a delightful bathroom with a freestanding island sink and walk-in shower.
From the outside you would never guess that this clever house has a wonderful courtyard garden complete with a swimming pool!
You can enter the courtyard from the Kitchen and have the choice of a dining area or a relaxing seated area surrounded by the interesting ancient stone architecture of the house through another set of arches you find a shaded area should it become too warm in the full sun.
Up a flight of stairs and protected by a fence and gate is the delightful 6.5m x 3.5m pool set in the converted ruin of this part of the house.
There is a large gas BBQ and plancha available for some alfresco cooking too.
There is a lockable garage for parking one vehicle and additional parking is found on the village streets around the house.
At a glance
Be the first to leave a review.
The Maison de Lagnes is in a quiet setting with just a short walk along the road into the centre of Lagnes village and just 2 miles from the gorgeous market town of l’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.
Lagnes a picturesque Provence village with a chateau and good local amenities with sever restauraunts, cafes and bakery.
L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is a wonderful Provence market town with many restaurants, cafes, boutiques and specialist stores, an historic centre, and the nickname ‘The Venice of Provence’. But that is not what l’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is known for – it is also the antiques capital of France, with hundreds of sellers and stores open every Sunday, ranging from collectable bric-a-brac to the real thing.
- The nearest international airports to L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue are Marseille (41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (44 miles), Montpellier (72 miles).
- L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue has a railway station and the nearest TGV high-speed stations are Avignon (16 miles) and Aix-en-Provence (44 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in this house.
- Full rental conditions