€2085-€2975 / week
Location: A beautiful setting within walking distance to the village.
Mobility Freindly: Wheelchair access, lift and grabrails.
Heated Pool and Sauna: Heated pool and indoor sauna.
Garden: Large garden with plenty of space and views to the Luberon hills.
On the edge of the quiet village of Oppede just a few minutes walk away, this house offers a lot to the traveller. The large house has a large beautifully tended garden with a heated pool.
For less able travellers there is a lift, downstairs bedroom, handrails, wheelchair access throughout and adapted bathrooms.
You enter the spacious hallway with a view through the house to the garden. There is a w.c. here and ahead is the lift and staircase to the 1st floor to the right is the Kitchen and dining room then left takes you to the downstairs lounge/bedroom, bathroom, utility and sauna.
The house also benefits from an efficient underfloor cooling system
- Kitchen/Diner: The open kitchen-diner has a view out onto the garden through the French windows. The kitchen is well-appointed with all the necessary appliances and with the doors to the outside is ideal for serving meals to the outside terrace. The dining area has a large table with space for 6/8 people.
- Hallway: The generous hallway has a w.c. French windows out to the garden and a lift for easy access for the less abled to the 1st floor and handrails line the hall.
- Lounge/Bedroom: This wonderful large bright room has French doors onto the garden, it can be used as a downstairs lounge or using the pull-out bed can become a bedroom.
- Sauna: At the end of the hallway is the sauna.
- Bathroom: Opposite the sitting room/bedroom there is a shower and through access to the hallway w.c.
- Utility: Stocked with a washer and dryer.
- Upstairs: Upon going up the stairs you have three bedrooms to your right and a bathroom, on the left you walk through a glass door into the upstairs sitting room. Lit from the French windows to the balcony this is a cosy and inviting relaxation space and has a Fireplace, TV, DVD player and HiFi.
The house can sleep 5-7 people in 3/4 bedrooms, 2 doubles 1 single and one optional bedroom.
- Bedroom 1: With a view over the entrance side of the house this room has an en-suite shower room. 180cm bed or two twins if required.
- Bedroom 2: Views across the garden and another to the side. Double bed with a hand rail if required.
- Bedroom 3: A single room with views to the garden.
- Upstairs Bathroom: For Bedroom 2 and 3 there is a family bathroom with a bath and walk in shower
- W.C.: Seperate from the bathroom.
At a glance
2 Double beds
1 Single beds
2 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Heated Pool: Set in a lovely garden with views to the Luberon hills and a rolling cover for child safety.
- Grounds: Large varied grounds to play and relax in.
- Mobility Freindly: Thoughtful yet discreet measures such as wheelchair access, a lift, hand rails and bathrooms with shower seats.
- Air conditioning: The bedrooms all benefit from air conditioning.
- Location: Set in the calm at the side of the village just 2 minutes away to get a baguette, coffee, or a table at the restaurants.
- Pet Freindly: Dogs are welcome to stay as long as they keep to the ground floor.
Things to note
- Pool Security: Although the pool has a rolling cover, care should be taken with small children.
The Maison Oppede is in a calm setting on the edge of the village.
There are two Oppedes which are quite different in character: Oppede-le-vieux, perched halfway up the Luberon mountain, is the original medieval village dating back 1000 years or so, and is a fascinating time-locked glimpse into the past, with no hint of modernity allowed inside the walls. You can walk up to the church and castle ruins above the village for a spectacular view over the Luberon valley.
Down in the valley the new Oppede is where the population descended to in the last century, and this is a completely untouristy, authentic Provence village with two restaurants and a bar, bakery and tennis courts. Oppede is a calm and well-positioned base from which to explore the region’s highlights.
Menerbes is Oppede’s more famous neigbour, with a beautiful medieval town and far reaching views.
- The nearest international airports to Oppede are Marseille (60km/37 miles), Nice (166km/103 miles), Nimes (69km/42 miles), Montpellier (160km/99 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Oppede are Aix-en-Provence TGV (43km/26 miles) and Avignon TGV (27km/16 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €800 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the house. Dogs are welcomed but must stay on the ground floor.
- Full rental conditions