At the end of a quiet leafy lane, set in a quiet countryside with wonderful views this house has the best of both worlds, just a few minutes walk away lies the picturesque and captivating village of Lourmarin, so you can equally enjoy wandering into the village with all its amenities and attractions, or exploring the surrounding countryside.
The 4 bedroom house has a large garden with a heated pool and shaded terrace for relaxing. The house inside has an open plan layout on the ground floor with 2 bedrooms and a further 2 air-conditioned bedrooms on the 1st floor.
The house is designed to make the most of it indoor and outdoor spaces with plenty of access to the garden and letting light and fresh air stream in.
When you walk through the front door you are presented with a generously sized kitchen and a dining area with a view to the garden with seating for 6-8 people.
The kitchen is fully equipped with all you should need to create your selection of French culinary delights during your stay with a rear kitchen that houses the refrigerator and washing machine.
However, the star of the show has to be the view out to the garden through the patio doors opening out onto the shaded pool terrace and garden with views to the countryside beyond.
Beyond the dining area is a delightful cosy sitting area with two comfortable sofas, TV and access out to the garden and the outside dining area.
From the sitting room you have access to the 2 ground floor bedrooms and the stairs up to the bedrooms above.
The house sleep 8 in 4 bedrooms, all 4 with en suite bathrooms, 2 on the ground floor and 2 upstairs that are airconditioned, there are also 2 independent w.c.’s.
- On the ground floor the first bedroom along the corridor has a 160cm bed/2 singles with direct access to the garden. There is an en suite shower-room, with a walk-in shower, w.c. and sink.
- The second bedroom on the ground floor has a 180cm bed and also with direct access to the garden. There is an en suite shower area, with a walk-in shower, and sink. There is a separate w.c. in the corridor outside which serves this room.
- Upstairs the third bedroom has a 160cm bed/2 singles with a patio doors giving access to a Juliet balcony with a view to the garden, pool, and countryside. There is an en suite shower-room, with a walk-in shower, w.c. and sink.
- Bedroom 4 is the largest with a 180cm bed, patio doors open to a Juliet balcony overlooking the garden, pool, and countryside. There is a comfy sofa, and a bathing area with a free-standing roll-top bath, walk in shower and a sink. In the corridor outside there is a separate w.c which serves this room.
The garden stretches out into the landscape with views to the hills beyond, near to the house you have the wonderful 12m x 5m heated pool which looks so inviting. For sun worshippers there are sun loungers along the pool terrace.
To relax away in a shady spot there is a welcoming shaded terrace projecting from the house. Here you will find a wonderful sofa for lounging on and a table and chairs.
A dining terrace accessed from the kitchen is ideal for alfresco dining and also has a gas BBQ for cooking outdoors too.
A stroll amongst the trees will find you a shady hammock slung beneath the branches and plenty of space for little ones to play in safely surrounded by a fence.
You arrive at the house along a quiet county lane and the house has electric gates giving access to ample parking for at least 4 cars.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: Lourmarin is not just a gorgeous village but has the best restaurants and cafes of any Luberon village.
- Year-round: A great rental year-round, with a best-of-both-worlds feel for countryside/village life, and Lourmarin is alive all year.
- Garden: Wonderful to have garden and pool in a country setting just minutes walk away from the village.
Things to note
- Pool safety: The pool has an alarm but is not fenced. For small children extra care and supervision are required.
The Maison Saint Andre is in a quiet countryside setting at the edge of the village of Lourmarin, 5 minutes walk from everything.
Lourmarin has everything you would want in a Provence village. It is gorgeous to look at, it even has a Renaissance castle and Romanesque chapel just outside the village walls to make it even more picturesque. The range of restaurants is second to none, from simple to high-end. And the centre is packed with street cafes. The icing on the cake is the Friday morning market, one of the best in the Luberon and a must-see even if you are not buying.
- The nearest international airports to Lourmarin are Marseille (57km/35 miles), Nice (206km/128 miles), Nimes (96km/59 miles), Montpellier (151km/93 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Lourmarin are Aix-en-Provence TGV (46km/28 miles) and Avignon TGV (65km/40 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions