€2317-€4284 / week
Large villa: Generous volumes for large families and groups.
Extensive grounds: Delightful well kept grounds to explore and play in.
Big pool: Beautiful 12m x 6m pool.
Expansive views: Hillside location with views across the countryside
You enter the villa into a hallway which is the hub of the home. From here you can wander into the 65m2 living room and dining area, beyond which lies a fully equipped kitchen and summer dining area. To your left is an office/bedroom equipped with bunk beds. A hallway leads to the left to a double bedroom, a downstairs shower room with toilet, and a utility room for laundry.
In front of you a staircase takes you up to the second floor to a large open landing where each of the three remaining bedrooms open out. Also on the landing is a separate toilet and access onto the veranda with far reaching views.
The villa is decorated and furnished in a calming, relaxed manner which manages to combine elements of contemporary style with traditional Provençal touches and has a spacious 320m2 of floor space inside.
From the kitchen you can access the covered dining terrace, perfect for day and night time meals and is equipped with a pizza oven and BBQ grill.
Maison Saint Antoine has 5 bedrooms and can comfortably sleep 10-12 people.
- Bedroom 1: The master bedroom is on the first floor and has an en suite bathroom. It has a large double bed, views to the gardens and beyond on two sides. The en suite has a bath, walk-in shower, toilet and double basins.
- Bedroom 2: The blue room on the first floor has a double bed and an en suite bathroom. The en suite has a bath and basin, and a separate toilet is found in the hallway.
- Bedroom 3: The twin room on the first floor has an en suite bathroom and a double bed. The en suite has a bath and basin, and a separate toilet is in the hallway.
- Bedroom 4: Also on the ground floor is the red room that has a double bed. The bathroom on this floor is separate and contains a shower and toilet with a basin.
- Bedroom 5: On the ground floor a large room has a set of bunk beds with the room doubling as an office. The bathroom on this floor is separate and contains a shower and toilet with basin.
This impressive Provençal villa is set in grounds that range from beautiful gardens to terraced woods and olive groves. The setting is secluded and tranquil and you enter via a tree-lined driveway through a large automatic iron gate.
On parking at the house you have the view to your left of the large 12m x 6m pool surrounded by its planted terraces and shading trees.The pool has sunloungers and a shower, and there are paths that lead you off to explore the rest of the garden, one of which leads to a swing set for children.
The house sits on a small hill so it benefits from views across the property and woodland and then past the church in L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue all the way out to the distant Alpilles hills.
At a glance
3 Double beds
2 Single beds
1 Sofa bed
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Relaxing: Maison Saint Antoine is the perfect relaxing getaway set in a quiet countryside setting.
- Location: Whilst being a little haven it is only a few minutes in the car from the town centre and is ideally suited as a base to explore all the region has to offer.
- Entertainment: The entertaining spaces here are also exceptional with a huge living room with two seating areas, and a shady terrace with a big dining table outside complete with BBQ and pizza oven.
- Pool: Pool area is large with plenty of room for everyone to hang out, close to the house for getting cool drink refills, and has a kids’ swing set nearby too.
Things to note
- Track: The arrival road as you near the house is unpaved and is rough country track for several hundred metres, perfectly passable in any car but reduced speed is recommended.
- Pool safety: The pool is not fenced but has an alarm system. For small children extra care and supervision are advised.
Maison Saint Antoine is in a quiet hillside setting 2km from the town of L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.
L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is a wonderful Provence market town with many restaurants, cafes, boutiques and specialist stores, an historic centre, and the nickname ‘The Venice of Provence’. But that is not what l’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is known for – it is also the antiques capital of France, with hundreds of sellers and stores open every Sunday, ranging from collectable bric-a-brac to the real thing.
- The nearest international airports to L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue are Marseille (41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (44 miles), Montpellier (72 miles).
- L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue has a railway station and the nearest TGV high-speed stations are Avignon (16 miles) and Aix-en-Provence (44 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €2000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in this house.
- Full rental conditions