Maison Vignasse is an ideal summer villa, with far-reaching views and quiet country setting, but only 2 minutes stroll into a beautiful village, and close to all the other must-see villages of the Luberon. The house sleeps 4 adults and 4 children, and is perfect for 2 families or one large one.
This house is designed for summer, with the living room and adjoining kitchen opening out onto the front terrace and pool area.
Living Room: It has a sofa and seating in front of an open fire place with a double height space above. There a indoor dining area with plenty of seating. For outdoor dining there is a shaded terrace.
Kitchen: is well equipped, with 4-ring cooker, wall-mounted oven, dishwasher and microwave. The pantry adjoining the kitchen has a fridge freezer and clothes washing machine.
Mezzanine: Above the living room on a mezzanine is the TV den, with DVDs and comfortable lounging. There is wireless high-speed internet throughout.
There are two double bedrooms and a 4-bed bunk room, so the house sleeps 4 adults and 4 children. The house is single-storey – all bedrooms are on the ground floor there are no en-suite bathrooms but there is a shared Bathroom, shower room, and separate W.C.
Bedroom 1: Equipped with 1.4m-wide (4.6ft) double bed and french doors which lead out onto the south-facing oak shaded terrace
Bedroom 2: A similar room to the first also equipped with 1.4m-wide (4.6ft) double bed and french doors which lead out onto the south-facing oak shaded terrace.
Bedroom 3: The third bedroom is a bespoke crafted wooden bunk room with its 4 single beds – children love it for sleep and play.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms, one with shower, basin and WC, and the other with bath-tub, double basins. There is also a separate WC.
The villa faces south to the Luberon hills, you step out onto a terrace with shaded dining, and beyond that the pool and the view. You can see the perched village of Joucas a quarter-mile away, and to the other side is the sparkling village of Gordes.
The house has the wide, high views of a country setting, while being a few minutes stroll into Joucas.
Pool:The pool is 10m x 5m and secured with a pool alarm. There are sunloungers and a parasol for lazy days at home. An outdoor table tennis table provides a lot of family fun.
Grounds: Beyond the terrace is meadowland with olive trees and oaks, and the property is surrounded by vineyards. There is plenty of parking at the back of the house. It is set back from a very quiet country road.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Views: Truly a stunning vista greets you every time you step out of the house vineyards, medieval villages and majestic hills – beautiful.
- Family fun: The perfect size of house, grounds and distractions for all the family
- Exploring: With the view of the countryside enticing you out the property is ideally suited as a base to explore all the region has to offer.
- Relaxing: Although within easy walking distance of the village the villa is surrounded by vines and oaks so lazy quiet undisturbed days are possible (if the children will allow it!).
Things to note
- Country life: The property rests in the countryside near Joucas village but has no boundary walls or fences so some supervision of very little children will be necessary
- Vines and Fields: The property is set amongst the vines and fields and from time to time the farmers may be out tending them.
Maison Vignasse is 400 metres from Joucas, one of the most beautiful hill-top villages of the Luberon.
Joucas is a laid-back and very pretty little perched village, topped by a 900-year-old fortress. After wandering around its medieval streets you can take in the wonderful view over a morning coffee or lunch from the simple bistro La Terrasse. For the sporty there are tennis courts as well as a playground for kiddies. And Joucas also has an ace up its sleeve for foodies – a Michelin-starred restaurant, Mas des Herbes Blanches, where the view matches the food.
- The nearest international airports to Joucas are Marseille (75km/46 miles), Nice (247/153 miles), Nimes (95km/59 miles), Montpellier (135km/83 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Joucas are Avignon TGV (45km/27 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (83km/51 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, all house utilities, after stay clean, after stay pool clean and gardening.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are prohibited in this house.
- Full rental conditions