€2260-€4165 / week
Welcoming: Welcoming: A beautiful house opening out onto the extensive gardens and entertainment options for all to enjoy.
Entertainment: A Tennis court, Pool, BBQ summer kitchen and multiple Dining areas
Location: A countryside setting near to Menerbes and Oppede.
15m Heated Pool: Large safe heated pool 15m x 6m with roller cover and gate.
The house is an old stone Provence Mas or farmhouse near to Menerbes and Oppede, with large heated pool and a Tennis court.
The Mas has been beautifully and sympathetically renovated with understated elegantly decorated and appointed rooms. The charm of the house is evident in the building itself but also in the way it flows outside with the entertaining dining areas making extra rooms to the house.
The living rooms on the ground floor are semi-open plan. The Kitchen opens directly to either the outside dining terrace or the dining room which in turn accesses the Lounge through an archway.
- Kitchen: The large well equipped kitchen has an island around which you will find a Lacanche double electric ovens and Gas cooking top. There is a large Fridge freezer with ice and cold water dispenser, a dishwasher, filter coffee machine and cafetière and toaster.
- Dining Room: Adjoining the kitchen the dining area seats comfortably 8 people around the large table. At the far end of the room is a double sided wood burning stove insert making a cosy seating area in the comfy chairs
- Living Room: A bright room with sofas and the reverse side of the dining room fireplace There are two sofas and single chairs here. There is TV/DVD (French TV stations only) and WiFi internet throughout.
- Family Bathroom: On the ground floor, next to the dining room.
The house sleeps up to 11 people, with 4 double bedrooms, a bunk room and a walk-through bedroom. The 1st floor bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, the bunk room and walk-through bedroom share a bathroom, and the final 2 ground floor double bedrooms share a bathroom.
Ground floor bedrooms:The ground floor bedrooms a found along a single corridor.
- Bedroom 1: This is a walk-through bedroom, it has access to the shared Bathroom 1 with Bedroom 2. There is a convertible daybed ideally suited for 1 person.
- Bedroom 2: The second bedroom for 2 people has a bunk bed and access to the shared Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 1: A shared bathroom with W.C, shower and basin
- Bedroom 3: Further down the corridor there is a double bedroom with a 1.5m/5ft bed, it has access to the shared Bathroom 2
- Bedroom 4: The final bedroom on the ground floor has a double bedroom with a 1.5m/5ft bed, with a dual aspect: views out to the gardens, it has access to the shared Bathroom 2.
- Bathroom 2: A shared bathroom beautifully decorated with W.C, shower and stone basin
First floor bedrooms:Ascending the stairs with their original tiles to the first floor past the downstairs family bathroom there are two large double en-suite bedrooms with views to the pool terrace and gardens.
- Bedroom 5: Overlooking the courtyard and pool this large double bedroom with a 1.5m/5ft bed. En-suite is the bathroom with bath and shower over it, a basin, bidet and WC.
- Bedroom 6: With views onto the garden and pool this large double bedroom with a 1.5m/5ft bed. En-suite is large and modern with a walk-in shower, a basin and WC.
The gardens are extensive at 1.5 hectares/15,000m2, they are well tended and heighten the feeling of relaxation.
The Large heated 15m x 6m pool and its terrace look over the house and the courtyard and have plenty of lounging areas to unwind.
To the side of the house there is a children’s play area with fields and olive and fruit trees around to explore. There is a hard surfaced tennis court, and table tennis which are great additions to the entertainment potential for all ages with plenty of room for all.
Outside dining is possible both to the sheltered stone dining table to the east side of the house or indeed around the enormous stone dining table in the courtyard under the shelter of a giant shading plane tree and additional sail shade.
Under the cover of the summer house is a BBQ kitchen with a useful drinks fridge and outside lounge area.
At a glance
4 Double beds
1 Single beds
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Welcoming: Welcoming: A beautiful house opening out onto the extensive gardens and entertainment options for all to enjoy.
- Entertainment: A tennis court, Table tennis, Pool, BBQ summer kitchen and multiple Dining areas.
- Garden: Large and well kept, fields, olive and fruit trees and views accross the valley, room to play and explore.
- Heated 15 metre Pool: A Large safe 15m x 6m heated pool with roller cover and gate, plenty of room to swim and play.
Things to note
- Pool: The pool has a sliding cover and a gate for security but extra care should be taken with young children.
The house is in quiet countryside 1 mile (1.5km) from the village of Oppede and about 2 miles (3km) from Menerbes, in the ‘golden triangle’ of the Luberon.
There are two Oppedes which are quite different in character: Oppede-le-vieux, perched halfway up the Luberon mountain, is the original medieval village dating back 1000 years or so, and is a fascinating time-locked glimpse into the past, with no hint of modernity allowed inside the walls. You can walk up to the church and castle ruins above the village for a spectacular view over the Luberon valley.
Down in the valley the new Oppede is where the population descended to in the last century, and this is a completely untouristy, authentic Provence village with two restaurants and a bar, bakery and tennis courts. Oppede is a calm and well-positioned base from which to explore the region’s highlights.
Menerbes is Oppedes’ more famous neigbour, with a beautiful medieval town and far reaching views.
- The nearest international airports to Oppede are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Oppede are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions