Mas d’Apt is an 18th century farmhouse (French “mas”), that has been restored to reflect its provençal origins, while incorporating modern comforts. It has a heated pool, professionally landscaped grounds, well equipped open plan living and five comfortable bedrooms. Terraced areas to three sides of the house allow you to enjoy the gardens and the views.
Mas d’Apt is just two kilometers from Apt, a vibrant market town where you can find bakeries, supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, even a cinema! The house itself is situated at the end of a private driveway, surrounded by its own grounds and farmland. It is a tranquil and relaxing place to unwind, and a great base to explore Provence.
The layout of Mas d’Apt lends itself perfectly to family holidays. There is plenty of open plan space for everyone to get together, and plenty of smaller, cosy areas if you need a bit of peace and quiet. The ground floor is centred around a large, open plan living, dining and kitchen area.
- Lounge area: The living area has large, comfy sofas arranged around an open wood-burning fireplace.
- Kitchen: The spacious kitchen has a central island and there’s everything you need for cooking up a feast. The dining table is adjacent to the kitchen and easily seats ten. The kitchen/dining area opens onto the patios on both sides of the house, so catering for al fresco dining is really easy.
- Living room: At one end of the ground floor there is a separate living room with TV and stereo, as well as an enclosed fireplace. The TV has access to British satellite broadcast, French digital TV and there is a DVD player, stereo, and an assortment of music and films.
- Library: At the other end of the ground floor and down a few steps from the main living area there is a library room with armchairs and a bookcase full of books to read, as well as local guides and maps, there is also a writing desk with a printer you can connect to if needed. It’s a great area for relaxing and reading, or even doing some work if absolutely necessary!
- Comfort: The house is centrally heated in winter by under floor heating, and this also provides cooling in the summer. Tiled floors and shutters help keep things cool in summer and there are electric fans provided in the house. Wood for the fireplaces is included in the rental.
Upstairs, there are 5 good size bedrooms, sleeping a up to 10 people
- 3 double rooms : There are three bedrooms with queen-size beds (160cm), two of which are larger bedrooms and these have en-suite shower rooms with sinks. All benefit from views across the valley.
- The fourth bedroom: has twin beds, which can be converted into a king-size bed.
- The fifth bedroom: has a bunk bed ideal for children. With an interconnecting door leading to one of the larger double bedrooms this makes an ideal family suite.
In addition to the two en-suite shower rooms, there is a further separate shower room with sink, as well as a separate bathroom which has a bath with shower over and a sink, both located on the upstairs landing.
There are two toilets with hand basins on the upper level, and one downstairs, making three in total.
The rental includes a full set of bedding and linen for all beds and we will ask you prior to your arrival how you wish the twin beds to be set up.
There are towels for every guest, both for the bathrooms and for the pool, as well as bathrobes. Hairdryers and alarm clocks are provided.
There is plenty of storage in all bedrooms. A mid-week clean is included in the rental price but this does not include a change of linen or towels.
One travel cot is available at the property.
There is lots to enjoy outside at Mas d’Apt – whether you want to relax or be active. The heated swimming pool is on the west side of the house with its own patio area and unrestricted views of the Vaucluse and Mont Ventoux.
There is a variety of pool furniture – including sun loungers, day beds and parasols – and pool towels are provided. The pool is 5×10 meters and is available from approximately May through September. The pool area is fenced in and accessed by a gate.
There are large paved terraces surrounding the house, so you can enjoy being outside all day long. To the South side of the house the terrace faces the gardens and fountain and on the North the terrace overlooks the Luberon mountains and has a large shady trellis. There are outdoor tables and chairs and a BBQ.
The beautiful landscaped gardens are on the South side of the house and offer total privacy for guests. There are lush grass terraces, with borders and big shady trees, all with their own automated watering system. At the top of the garden is a “secret” garden with a hammock set among the trees – the ideal place for a refreshing afternoon rest. In total, there is 6,000m2 of land.
Below the main house there is covered parking for three cars and plenty of external parking. There is also a laundry area with two washing machines and one tumble dryer, plus there is an outdoor clothes line. There is also plenty of covered and secure space to store your own or rental bicycles.
The house also has a ping pong table, badminton set and dart board
At a glance
The house is in a quiet country setting 2km from the town of Apt.
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, mid stay clean, after-stay clean, fire wood.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 1000 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Pets are allowed but Smokingis not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions