A contemporary Provence villa for 10 near the village of Mazan and the market town of Carpentras, set on a winery, with beautiful view over the vineyards. The design makes the most of the view and the light. The living room has big wrap-around windows, the bedrooms are all en suite and with either a/c or underfloor cooling.
- Living/Dining Room: Air-conditioned triple aspect room with big picture windows that wrap around, a bright and light room with sofas and dining table, opening through to the kitchen.
- Kitchen: Worktop and appliances are all arranged along one long wall, and the room opens through sliding patio doors to the outside dining table and terrace. The kitchen has induction stove, wall-mounted oven, microwave, American fridge-freezer with ice and water, dishwasher and three coffee machines to suit every preference: filter coffee, Nespresso, and bean-to-cup machine.The kitchen opens through to the living/dining room at one end and the TV room at the other.
- TV room: With smart TV/DVD and Netflix. The house has WiFi internet throughout.
- Utility room: With washing machine and dryer, and guest WC.
The house sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms. Every bedroom has high-quality beds and can be configured with either two single beds or a 1.8m/6ft-wide double. Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom with shower, basin, WC and hairdryer. Temperature in the bedrooms is controlled either by a/c or underfloor cooling, depending on where the bedroom is.
- Bedroom 1: Air-conditioned ground floor room with separate access.
- Bedroom 2: On the ground floor, opening to the terrace, with a/c.
- Bedroom 3: Ground floor bedroom with underfloor cooling.
- Bedroom 4: Upstairs bedroom with underfloor cooling.
- Bedroom 5: Dual aspect, upstairs bedroom with underfloor cooling.
Mas de Mazan is an independent house on a winery, and its views are over the surrounding vineyards. The house forms an L around the two-level, sheltered terrace, and the view is with you wherever you are. The terrace has a shaded dining table outside the kitchen with large gas barbecue, and a sitting area beyond that. Down a level is the pool with infinity edge. To the side of the house is a pine wood, providing the cicada soundtrack of Provence.
The pool measures 12m x 6m (42 x 16ft) and is fenced and gated for security.
There is penty of secure, gated parking.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Design: The house is beautifully thought through, maximising the view and the light. The kitchen flows through to the outside dining and terrace.
- View: This is very much wine country, and the far-reaching view is of a patchwork of vineyards with olive groves dotted among them.
- Bedrooms: The house has been designed so that all bedrooms are equally good, with en suite shower rooms, and all can be configured as either two singles or one large double. All bedrooms can be cooled.
- Outside: The big, sheltered terrace is ideal for dining or relaxing, the pine woods give a shaded place to play, and the big pool with infinity edge can be conveniently closed off if there are young children.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool is fenced and gated but care should be taken with young children.
- Responsive owners: The owners live on the same wine estate and are available to respond quickly to any problems.
Be the first to leave a review.
The house is in a country setting 5km (3 miles) from the market town of Carpentras and 6km (3.5 miles) from the village of Mazan.
When you look at Mazan from the air you see it is circular with defensive walls on the perimeter, evidence of its significance in medieval times. Today it’s a large and typical Provence village with year-round life – restaurants and bars, a place to get your baguette and groceries. All around Mazan is the beautiful countryside at the foot of the famous Mont Ventoux, with endless vineyards and olive groves, pine woods and rolling hills, perfect for a hike or ride, and lazy outings in the car. The large market town of Carpentras is 3 miles west of Mazan.
- The nearest international airports to Mazan are Marseille (100km/62 miles), Nimes (89km/55 miles), Montpellier (125km/77 miles) and Nice (271/168 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail station to Mazan is Avignon TGV (38km/23 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions