The house has a traditional Provencal feel, with generous room sizes and an L-shape with terrace outside.
- Living Room: A big room extending across the full length of the house, with TV and fireplace at one end, and a separate sitting area by the French doors to the garden at the other end. TV has UK channels and the house has WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: The country kitchen has exposed beams and a cosy feel, with 4-ring cooker, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer. The kitchen opens out to the terrace with outside dining table.
- Living room 2: There is a smaller living room upstairs with sofa and armchairs.
- Dining room: A vaulted dining room off the entrance hall, which opens out to the terrace.
- Laundry room: With washing machine, dryer and a second fridge-freezer.
- Guest WC: Dowstairs off the entrance hall.
The house sleeps 8/10 people in 4/5 bedrooms, with 3/4 bathrooms. Three bedrooms are doubles and one is a twin room. Two bedrooms, on the top floor, are air-conditioned. A baby cot is available. Out of season it is possible to add an additional bedroom with a supplement (see pricing below) during the summer season the house will come as a 5 bedroom rental.
- Bedroom 1: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, overlooking the garden, with en suite bathroom.
- Bathroom 1: En suite to bedroom 1, with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide double bed, dual aspect, and en suite bathroom.
- Bathroom 2: En suite to bedroom 2, with bath and overhead shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: On the top floor (2 floors up) and air-conditioned, with a double bed.
- Bedroom 4: On the top floor, with two single beds.
- Bathroom 3: The top floor bathroom has shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5: On the 1st floor with a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, overlooking the garden on two sides, with en suite bathroom.
- Bathroom 4: En suite to bedroom 1, with bath, shower, basin and WC
The house is set in 2 acres of land. A terrace runs along the south side with pergola overhead, and outdoor dining table there is also a Weber gas BBQ. To the side of the house is the pool area.
The stone-flagged pool area has sun loungers and a shaded pergola around the beautiful 11 x 5 m pool
On the other side of the house is an expansive lawn with fruit trees. A centuries-old plane tree gives shade from the midday sun.
There is plenty of secure, gated parking, and the house is set well away from the road which is very quiet.
At a glance
In our view
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has an alarm for security but care should be taken with young children.
Be the first to leave a review.
The house is in a quiet country setting 3km from the village of Menerbes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
* Out of the summer season (July/August) it is possible to add a supplementary room for the cost of (425 /week @ 61€ /day)
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 800 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions