This impressive house is hidden away on a 6 acre hillside plot surrounded by beautiful gardens, forest and incredible views.
On the beautifully kept grounds you will find plenty to entertain and explore; there is a heated pool, boules court, table tennis, countryside and wildlife.
The 5 bedroom house all with ensuite bathrooms has been renovated, equipped and filled with the finest quality touches.
- The entrance hallway gives the option to enter a salon to the right a ground floor bedroom to the left and straight ahead is the staircase to the upstairs bedrooms and a w.c.
- The Salon has a large patio door out onto the front terrace, a grand fireplace that is surrounded by two large leather sofas and 2 rotating armchairs. On the wall is a picture frame TV and camera security system (which can be deactivated if not required) The Salon has a door to the dining room, another to the kitchen and one to the gym.
- The dining room has a large table with seating for 10 and again access to the front terrace through 2 patio doors to a sheltered dining area.
- Above the dining room is a mezzanine level with a work area, including a Mac computer.
- The rear of the dining room also leads into the kitchen. The kitchen is well equipped with a 5 ring ceramic hob, oven, microwave, two dishwashers, Nespresso coffee machine and a smart fridge ideal for entertainment in the kitchen.
- The Gym houses a running machine, static bike, weights and a table football game (baby-foot).
- The back of the salon has a corridor that houses the utility rooms including a laundry room with a washer and dryer. A w.c. and a link back around to the ground floor bedroom
Upstairs are 4 double bedrooms each with an ensuite shower room, separated by a spacious landing with a seating area. The upstairs area can also be accessed from the parking area and rear terrace as it is on the same level. Downstairs is a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom, all bedrooms have airconditioning.
- Bedroom 1: Downstairs is a large double bedroom 160 cm double (Queen size) bed with ensuite bathroom with shower and w.c. it can also provide an ideal mobility friendly room and bathroom. It looks out onto the garden and pool.
- Bedroom 2: Is at the rear left of the house with twin beds (or a large 180 cm double, King size) and has an ensuite shower room views to the hillside of the house.
- Bedroom 3: Is at the rear right of the house with twin beds (or a large 180 cm double, King Size) and an ensuite shower room views to the rear of the house.
- Bedroom 4: Is at the front left of the house with a 160 cm double bed (Queen size) and has an ensuite shower room views to the pool and valley.
- Bedroom 5: Is at the front right of the house with a 160 cm double bed (Queen size) and has an ensuite shower room views to the pool and valley.
The hillside vantage spot of this house allows it to benefit from spectacular far reaching views. For entertainment you have the heated pool, a Boules court, and table tennis. There are several dining and lounging areas taking in the view (our favourite is a bench on the rock overlooking the house and valley views).
The 6 acre grounds range from planted gardens, grassy terraces, forest, meadows and even a pond. You will be rewarded for your patience in looking out for wildlife too with birds, deer and hares amongst the creatures visiting the grounds.
The 10m pool benefits from being heated and a delightful little cascade. The pool area is protected by a fence and has a rolling cover.
There are sun loungers for all and a large shady poolside area is a haven for those not wishing to take too much sun.
There is a gentle ramp for easy access to the pool area and anti-slip tiling surrounding the pool.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- The view: You will not get tired of gazing out from various viewpoints.
- Renoved house: The house is finished to a high level with no expense spared, picture frame T.V’s, a smart fridge are fun but the hidden joy of a great mattress you will really appreciate!
- Countryside: There is plenty of space to explore, and the relaxation of wandering and seeing the local wildlife is great.
- Location: The house is in easy exploration distance of the heart of the Luberon just 5 minutes from Gordes and Rousillion and then 1 hour from Avignon.
Things to note
- Pool safety: The pool is fenced. For small children extra care and supervision are advised.
- Pond: The pond is not near the house and can sometimes dry up in summer but again small children need to be supervised.
Mas de Murs is in Provence countryside about 1.5 km from the village of Murs and 8km to Gordes.
Murs is a very pretty little hilltop village , surrounded by rolling hills, fields and forest. The medieval foundations of the village are still very evident. There is a restored 15th century castle (privately owned) a 13th century church and wandering the streets you can be immersed in the history.
The village remembers it’s famous inhabitant Louis des Balbes de Berton de Crillon (1541 – 1615) soldier and counselor to Henri IV, for whom the local restaurant is named.
For groceries there is also a small general shop, Gordes is 5 minutes away and Apt about 10 minutes for larger shops.
- The nearest international airports to Murs are Marseille (75km/46 miles), Nice (247/153 miles), Nimes (95km/59 miles), Montpellier (135km/83 miles).The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Murs are Avignon TGV (45km/27 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (83km/51 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Murs are Avignon TGV (45km/27 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (83km/51 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €3000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.