€3430-€7532 / week
Setting: Amid acres of olive and fruit trees.
Design: 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, space for everyone.
Dining Room: A slice of Provence at the heart of the home.
Pool: Large and heated.
The main house has 6 air-conditioned bedrooms/6 bathrooms, and can also incorporate the annex to make 7 bedrooms/7 bathrooms, so it accommodates up to 12 or 14 people. It is an ideal choice for a larger group, all the bedrooms are equally good, the pool is heated, and it’s in a peaceful setting on an olive oil estate in the Luberon. The downstairs rooms are the kitchen, dining room, and three living rooms.
- Dining Room: This is a gorgeous room at the centre of the house, with its exposed ceiling beams and french doors out to the garden.
- Summer Living Room: The main living room has TV with Canal Sat – including English-language channels like CNN and BBC World.
- Kitchen: The kitchen opens to the dining room and is equipped with oven, microwave, 5-ring gas stove, 2 fridges and a freezer, 2 dishwashers, Nespresso and filter coffee machine.
- Winter living room: The winter living room – so-called due to the fireplace – is a smaller living room with TV off the dining room, and this means different age groups can watch different things in the house.
- Drawing room: This room with sofa and smaller TV, next to the main living room, is very light with dual aspect and french doors opening out to the garden on two sides.
- Laundry Room: Off the kitchen, with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Guest WCs: There are 2 guest WCs downstairs.
The house sleeps 12 in 6 bedrooms, or 14 in 7 bedrooms if you use the annex apartment alongside. All bedrooms have a/c and an en suite bathroom. In the main house there are 3 bedrooms on each side of the house, and each side is reached by a separate staircase, so this gives a bit of privacy for multi-family groups. The bedrooms are described below with the first 3 on the left hand side of the house and the next 3 on the right hand side.
- Bedroom 1: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, small writing desk and Luberon view to the south. Its bathroom has bath with hand-held shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide double bed, and en suite with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: Can be configured with either two single beds or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed. Its en suite bathroom has a shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 4: Can be configured with either two single beds or a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed. Its en suite bathroom has a shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5: This room has a Luberon view and can be with 2 single beds or a 1.8m/6ft-wide double bed. Its bathroom has a shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 6: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, writing desk and Luberon view. Its bathroom has bath with hand-held shower, basin and a separate WC. Between the bedroom and bathroom is a baby room with wooden cot if needed.
- For babies: As well as the cot room there are two travel cots and two high chairs.
- Bedroom 7: In July-August the house comes with the annex apartment alongside the house for a 7th bedroom. The apartment has living room and kitchen, and a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed. The en suite is a small shower room with basin and WC. Outside of July-August this 7th annex is optional.
Along the front of the house is a terrace with a large dining table and gas barbecue, and a separate sitting area under the shade of the pergola. Beyond this is lawn, and the pool area is off to one side of the house.
The pool is heated from mid-April to mid-October and measures 12m x 6m (40 x 20ft), with steps at the shallow end. It has infra-red sensors for security. The poolhouse has a drinks fridge, sink, shower and WC. Also by the pool is the outdoor ping pong table.
There is a secure, gated entrance to the property, and plenty of shaded parking at the back of the house. The house is set well away from the road, which is not busy.
At a glance
4-7 Double beds
0-6 Single beds
5 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Design: The house is set up perfectly for rentals: all the bedrooms are equal in quality and each has its own bathroom. The bed configuration gives a lot of singles/doubles flexibility.
- A/C: It’s always nice to cool off the bedrooms in the evening on a hot summer’s day, and here every bedroom has individual a/c.
- Setting: The house gives you a feel of life on an olive oil estate in Provence, surrounded by acres of olive groves and fruit orchards.
- Welcome pack: Because it’s not everywhere that you get olive oil, jam and honey that are all organic and produced at the house.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has infra-red motion sensors for security but care should be taken with young children.
- Annex: When you book 7 bedrooms this includes the 1-bedroom annex apartment next door. If you only book 6 bedrooms it is possible that the annex next door will be rented separately, but with its own part of the garden and with no access to the pool. In July and August the house is only available as a 7-bedroom.
The house is in a peaceful country setting just under 1 mile from the village of Robion.
Robion is a Luberon village with two faces. As you drive through you see a high street with restaurants, bakeries, butchers, a mini-market and other stores, as well as tennis courts and a playground. This is the new Robion and is very practical and convenenient. But head in up one of the streets towards the Luberon mountain and there is another Robion, the old village. This follows the same lines as the typical Luberon village, with winding streets heading up to the church and square. Robion is worth discovering as a picturesque little village clinging to the foot of the mountain where the mountain is coming to its end.
- The nearest international airports to Robion are Marseille (61km/37 miles), Avignon (21km/13 miles), Nimes (97km/60 miles), Montpellier (121km/75 miles), Nice (231km/143 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Robion are Avignon TGV (32km/19 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (67km/41 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Heating: Winter heating is charged according to consumption.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions