In the countryside near the famous, beautiful medieval village of Gordes you will find this peaceful haven. The sone built house has 3 bedrooms on two level with views to Gordes and delightful 12 m heated pool as well as a large 7,000m2 garden.
Upon entering the house you have a view from the hallway all the through the Salon and on to the dining room at the other end of the house.
From the Hallway you can choose to go through to the living rooms and kitchen, enter the ground floor bedroom suite or climb the stairs to the 2 bedrooms above. There is also a w.c. here.
- Living room: The heart of the house furnished with comfortable sofas and chairs, but it is the view through the patio windows through to the dining terrace, garden, pool and Gordes in the distance that grabs your attention. The living room also has a TV corner, fireplace and in common with the rest of the house there are many pieces of interesting artwork.
- The dining room: is accessed from the living room via an archway and provides a cosy dining space with a table for 6 and conveniently accessed by the kitchen the next room adjoining it.
- The Kitchen: is well equipped and is ideally placed for serving food to the dining room or directly outside to the dining terrace. The kitchen has an oven, electric ceramic hob, microwave, Nespresso (classic), toaster and mixer amongst its cooking appliances. To the rear of the kitchen is the Utility rom.
- The Utility room: has a fridge, freezer and washing machine.
The house sleeps up to 6 people in 3 bedrooms. There is one ground floor bedroom with ensuite and 2 on the first floor with a shared bathroom.
- Master bedroom: The bedroom is ideal for those not wishing to climb stairs and is off the entrance hallway, there is a 1.80m bed / 2 singles. It has an ensuite bathroom with access to the terrace and views onto the garden.
- Ensuite Bathroom: There is a bath with shower above, bidet and sink.
- Downstairs w.c.: In the hallway there is a separate w.c.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.80m bed / 2 singles and view to the garden and Gordes, there is a desk and chair and plenty of built-in storage.
- Bedroom 3: With a 1.80m bed / 2 singles and view to the garden and Gordes, there is a desk and chair and plenty of built-in storage.
- Bathroom: There is a bath with shower above, bidet and double sink. This bathroom is for bedrooms 2 and 3.
The large beautifully kept gardens and grounds have something for everyone: There is relaxation around the 12m + heated pool, A play area for young kids, and plenty of gardens to explore and play, there is even lots of gravel pathway for a fun game of boules.
Stepping out from the house you have a dining terrace that commands a view over the pool, and on towards Gordes. There is a pool house next to the pool with a shaded dining area and outdoor lounge furniture. There is also a BBQ that can be used in the summer kitchen area.
There is a play area for smaller children below the fruit garden, and here you will find plenty of space to play games or have a quiet moment away from the house.
You arrive through secured gates and there is ample parking that is set beneath shading trees.
At a glance
Mas Les Sauvestres is in a peaceful country setting about 2km from the gorgeous village of Gordes.
Gordes is perhaps the most picturesque village in Provence, if not France. Honey-coloured houses spiral down from the medieval castle at the top, to form the perfect hill-top village. Views from the village are far and wide over the vineyards and orchards to the Luberon mountain.
Gordes has many restaurants and a lovely Tuesday morning market, as well as basic food stores. In summer it is lively with cultural events, in the off-season it is calmer and more relaxed. Just outside Gordes is ‘the’ lavender photo opportunity – Senanque Abbey.
- The nearest international airports to Gordes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (240km/149 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed stations to Gordes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (78km/26 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed at this house.
- Full rental conditions
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.