Mas Les Tours Ouest – Countryside rental house for 12
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.
The impressive Mas les Tour Ouest is a beautifully renovated French farmhouse with comfort and relaxation easily catered for. The house is generously proportioned being 300m2 spread over 2 levels.
The grounds are extensive with sculpted gardens, a large heated pool and views to the Luberon hills.
▼ READ MORE
- Snug: From the courtyard the main entrance opens to a central hallway. To the left you come to a welcoming and calming area with vaulted ceiling, open fireplace and comfortable chairs.
- Kitchen: Leading on from the snug you find a true chef’s kitchen again with a wonderful vaulted ceiling. The kitchen is well equipped with LaCanche range stove, a 3m long central island, large stone sink, and work tops along the side. Equipped with fridge freezer, dishwasher and air-conditioning. The kitchen allows easy access outside to the rear of the house.
- Dining Area: At the back of the kitchen is a round dining table with seating for 10 and from here you can walk through to the sitting room.
- Utility: Housed here is a second fridge freezer and guest w.c.
- Sitting Room: A large room housing four comfortable sofas a log burning stove and TV corner. Light floods in from the door and windows to courtyard side and from the large French doors leading to the wonderful west terrace.
- Laundry: Behind the sitting room there is a laundry room with a washer and dryer.
The house sleeps 12 people (10 adults and 2 children) in 6 bedrooms, with 5 bathrooms. There are 4 bedrooms on the first floor, one of which is a family suite (children’s room accessible through parent room). One bedroom is on the ground floor and an extra one in the ‘Pigeonnier’ across the courtyard.
▼ READ MORE
- Master Bedroom 1: With king sized four poster bed (180 cm) and ensuite bathroom. The room has air conditioning and doors open onto a juliet balcony overlooking the courtyard.
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (180 cm, can be made up as twins) with ensuite shower room and views to the courtyard.
- Bedroom 3: Family suite with queen size bed with an ensuite bathroom and door to..
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds (suitable for children) with window views to the fields.
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (180 cm) with ensuite shower room and views to the courtyard.
- Bedroom 6: Across the courtyard is a small tower and inside are a flight of stairs up to a bedroom with a double bed (140cm) that opens out directly onto the swimming pool terrace. On the lower floor there is a shower room and separate toilet.
You arrive along a private road to the house and have a shaded parking in area.
From here you enter the courtyard with is delightful trickling fountain and welcoming verdant shade giving access to the 12m x 6m heated pool that looks over the house. For safety the pool has a rolling pool and is fenced.
The house sits on 1.5ha of land giving privacy and plenty of places to explore and play.
On the west side of the house adjoining the sitting room is a dining terrace and a shaded lounge area, set against the beautifully sculpted topiary garden with views out to the Luberon hills and village of Goult.
There is a boules court near the terrace ideal for a bit of sport Provence style.
There is another outdoor dining option in the courtyard under a shading wisteria vine.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Comfort and Style: A tastefull renoavtion gives an enticing, light filled living room and kitchen, cosy bedrooms and great outside spaces for that happy Provencal-feeling.
- Kitchen: A kitchen that takes its cooking seriously, with all the equipment and space you might need.
- Pool and Gardens: Heavenly outdoor spaces with little havens for all to enjoy and explore. The 12m x 6m heated pool is an idyllic place to laze away a summers day.
- Location: In 10 minutes you can walk the 650 metres into town to get a baguette, a coffee, or eat at the many great restaurants.
Things to note
- Pool security: There is a pool fence and roller cover but parental supervision is still needed for young children.
- Friday changeover day: To help avoid the usual busy Saturday rush the house operates on a Friday to Friday standard week during the busy summer months.
Mas les Tours Ouest is in the countryside only 650m from the village of Goult.
Goult is a gem of a village, less known than its more visited neighbours, but no less worth the detour. Goult has everything you could want in a village: a surprising range of good restaurants; a sidewalk cafe in the centre; bakery, butcher and grocery store; and beautiful winding streets and architecture.
It even has a windmill with a sweeping Luberon vista. Goult is a perfect Provence village to be based in or near.
- The nearest international airports to Goult are Marseille (73km/45 miles), Nice (244km/151 miles), Nimes (92km/57 miles), Montpellier (133km/82 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Goult are Aix-en-Provence TGV (79km/49 miles) and Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Friday 4pm to the following Friday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: Minimum rental period is one week.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.