This delightful gem is a little calm oasis hidden away in the Hameau of Les Gros near Gordes.
The 3 bedroom house is an ancient village house with thick stone walls keeping it cool in summer and benefits from a walled garden that opens onto a pool terrace.
- You enter into an open plan dining room with dining for 6 and a lounge that has French doors out onto the dining terrace with views to the Luberon hills.
- The kitchen is well equipped with all the appliances you will need for your stay with a breakfast bar that leads you into the lounge.
- From here you can also access the cosy conservatory area with views onto the garden.
- A large separate study for those needing a quiet room to work or play without disturbing the rest of the house is accessed to the right of the front door.
- There is also a separate w.c on this level
The house sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms one ensuite and a separate bathroom and w.c.
- Bedroom 1: The Master bedroom is a relaxing space with 160cm king size bed, an ensuite bathroom containing a shower and basin. There is access to a delightful balcony overlooking the garden and a view to the Luberon hills. Built in storage and hanging space.
- Bedroom 2: Has a relaxed elegant style with a 160cm four post bed, views out to the Luberon and the garden. Built in storage and hanging space
- Bedroom 3: This is a calming blue room with a 140cm double bed a view to the side of the house and built in storage and hanging space.
Stepping through the patio doors onto the terrace you are greeted by the wonderful view of the Luberon hills and the pool level below.
The terrace has dining for 6 and is the perfect place to take in the view whilst sunbathing.
Descending several stone steps you find yourself on the pool level and the large triangular pool which has sides 8m and 7m giving a long side of 10m with a maximum depth of 1.6m and large gentle steps to lead you in.
Apart from the tempting pool, on this level you will also find a table and chairs for 6 shaded by a pergola under a murier tree for poolside drinks and dining.
The garden can also be accessed by a door to the parking which is in a quiet little close with views onto the hamlet’s church.
At a glance
The Mazet du Hameau is in the hamlet of Les Gros a peaceful country setting 5 minutes’ drive from the gorgeous village of Gordes and the same to Coustellet with it supermarkets and its Sunday, and Wednesday evening markets.
Gordes is perhaps the most picturesque village in Provence, if not France. Honey-coloured houses spiral down from the medieval castle at the top, to form the perfect hill-top village. Views from the village are far and wide over the vineyards and orchards to the Luberon mountain.
Gordes has many restaurants and a lovely Tuesday morning market, as well as basic food stores. In summer it is lively with cultural events, in the off-season it is calmer and more relaxed. Just outside Gordes is ‘the’ lavender photo opportunity – Senanque Abbey.
- The nearest international airports to Gordes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (240km/149 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed stations to Gordes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (78km/26 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €400 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions