Location: Quiet setting but 2 minutes walk to village centre.
View: A superb view over vineyards and lavender to the Luberon mountain.
Terrace: For dining, sunbathing, relaxing in front of that view.
Design: Brilliant design to fit so much into so little.
A little village house with a lot of charm, a wonderful view, as well as a sun terrace and private parking spot. You can walk to a cafe, restaurants, and bakery in 2 minutes. The place is perfect for a couple, with everything you need comfortably fitting into a cosy space. You enter at ground floor level with living room and kitchen, and upstairs on the mezzanine level are the bedroom and bathroom. The house even has its own private parking spot.
- Living Room: Open-plan to the kitchen, with a sofa and armchair, and antique writing desk. There is TV/DVD with some English-languge news channels and movie libray, Bluetooth speaker, and dining table for 2. The room is filled with light thanks to the very large French doors at the front which open to a balcony with the view. To the side of the room the door leads out to the terrace. There is WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: The kitchen has a 4-ring stove, oven, fridge-freezer, filter coffee machine, and combination washing machine/dryer.
The house sleeps up to 2 people, with one bedroom and bathroom, which are up a wide spiral staircase on the mezzanine level over the living room.
- Bedroom: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and view over the rooftops of Menerbes through one window, and the Luberon mountain through another.
- Bathroom: The en suite bathroom has a walk-in shower, basin and WC.
The main outside space is the terrace with dining table, sunloungers, pergola for shade, and the 180-degree view of vineyards, lavender and the Luberon mountain. The light changes all day with the movement of the sun, and the sunset at the end of the valley is a must-see moment every evening.
There is a private-off-street parking spot by the house, and a gate leads to the terrace and front door. The road is extremely quiet as it is only used by a handful of residents.
At a glance
1 Double bed
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Location: Right at the highest point of Menerbes, which means it is quiet and has the best view, but you can walk down to the restaurants, cafe, grocery of the village in 2 minutes.
- View: You never tire of the view, it is quintessential Provence, looking down over rows of vines and lavender, pine and oak woods, and the Luberon mountain stretched out from east to west.
- Cosy: At any time of year, this house is a cosy delight – over the years it has been very popular with honeymooners, hikers, and longer stays in the winter months when people want to live the life of the village.
Things to note
- Children: The house is not suitable for children and it is not possible to use the sofa as an additional bed.
- Open-plan: Living room and bedroom on the mezzanine are in the same space.
The house is in a quiet road at the top of the village of Menerbes, a 2-minute walk to the village centre.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am. Flexible outside peak season
- Minimum Stay: 1 week May-September and Xmas/New Year; 4 nights the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions