Menerbes Vista is a village house perched right at the top of Menerbes, with amazing view over the countryside below the village, as far as the Mont Ventoux. This is a spacious 3-bedroom house, with impressive furnishings and fittings. Despite being at the top of a medieval village, it has a garden, parking space and even a small dipping pool for cooling off. Living spaces all have the view and are arranged over two floors: with kitchen and dining on the ground floor; and living, TV and work space upstairs. There is WiFi internet throughout, Sonos sound system, and underfloor heating.
- Living room: The living room is upstairs to make the most of the view over the garden and down the valley. Sofas and armchairs are set around a fireplace and the french doors open to a Juliet balcony.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is very well equipped and to minimise clutter it is split into kitchen and utility room. The kitchen is the heart of the home and opens onto the garden. It has 5-ring gas stove, oven, dishwasher, fridge and double sink. In the utility room there are a steam oven, heated tray, fridge-freezer, microwave, washing machine and dryer.
- TV room: Upstairs and facing south to the Luberon mountain, with french doors out to the little sun terrace with view.
- Work space: Next to the TV room is an ergonomic work desk.
- Dining room: This downstairs room has been dated back to the 14th century, making it one of the oldest parts of the village still standing.
- Guest WC: The guest WC is on the ground floor.
The house sleeps 6 people with three upstairs double bedrooms and three bathrooms.
- Bedroom 1: The master bedroom is a dual-aspect corner room with a beautiful view over the ancient citadel and Luberon mountain to the south. The bed is 1.6m/5.25ft wide. The en suite bathroom has the amazing view to the other side of Menerbes, and has a pedestal bath, shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: Bedroom 2 has a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and en suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and shower room. Separate WC and basin just outside the bedroom.
The house sits on the peak of Menerbes, with views to north and south, and even east and west. The garden consists of terrace with dining table, barbecue and sitting area, formal plantings, and a 2m x 2m (6.6 x 6.6ft) dipping pool, perfect for cooling off on hot days. There is a sail shade for the dining table, and the whole of one side of the garden is simply open to the view high over the surrounding countryside.
On the other side of the house is a balcony which is a sun trap and looks out over the rooftops to the Luberon mountain, and the sunset to the west.
The house has an off-street parking spot, and is situated at the end of a small road used only by residents, so it is very quiet.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: Menerbes is a great village to be in, a delightful perched Provence village with restaurants, grocery, bakery and cafe, right in the heart of the Luberon park. All amenities are 2 minutes’ stroll down the hill.
- Interior: The house is beautifully designed and decorated, with a modern aesthetic, and very well equipped.
- View: The view is amazing, you are at the top of the village and there is nothing between you and the vast acres of vineyards and orchards all around. There is also the view the other way to the Luberon mountain and the sunset from the balcony terrace.
- Outside: It’s great to have a garden in a village house, and here the outside space is perfect for eating, relaxing, sunbathing, and a dip in the mini-pool.
Things to note
- Children: There is a minimum age limit of 8 years old.
The house is at the highest point of the village of Menerbes in the Luberon region of Provence.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions