The apartment has a wonderful setting, it feels like you are in the middle of the countryside, with pool and private terrace, but the restaurants and amenities of Menerbes are 3 minutes walk down the hill. The interior is modern and comfortable, and specifically designed for 4-person rentals. There are two other units of the same size on the grounds and the pool is shared with them and set back away from the accommodation.
- Kitchen: With 3-ring stove, table-top combination microwave/grill, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine and washing machine.
- Living Room: Open-plan to the kitchen, with sofa and chairs, TV and dining table. French doors open out to the private terrace with outdoor dining. There is WiFi internet throughout.
The apartment sleeps 4 people in 2 spacious bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom. One bedroom is air conditioned. Bedrooms are ground-floor.
- Bedroom 1: Air conditioned, with a a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed. The en suite bathroom has walk-in shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With a a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, and an en suite bathroom with walk-in shower, basin and WC.
The apartment has its private, secluded terrace facing south to the view, with seating and dining table. The rest of the land stretches to the east including the pool which is shared with the two other rental units on the property. The pool measures 12m x 5m (40 x 16ft).
The setting is a plateau above the village of Menerbes, with pine trees and garrigue, totally peaceful but only 3 minutes walk into the village.
The property is at the end of a very quiet cul-de-sac and has off-street parking.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Setting: Like a secret place hanging above Menerbes, nobody knows it’s here, a piece of Provence countryside with dominant long Luberon view.
- Menerbes: One of the best villages in the Luberon to be based in. Not too small, not too busy, gorgeous to look at, and with a couple of good restaurants so you don’t have to drive to eat out.
- Pool: The pool has the view too and is a great bonus for an apartment.
- Air conditioning: In one of the bedrooms, and it can be felt in the other bedroom too.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has a security alarm but extra care should be taken with supervision of young children.
The apartment is in a country setting above the village of Menerbes, 3 minutes walk to the village centre.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €300 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions